Looking at buying used 2015-2017 Denali - have a few ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmtk

Reaction score
Current owner of a 2011 Yukon SLT. Love it, but need more power and mileage is getting up there.

Looking at a 2015-2017 used Denali.

Do those year Denali’s have magnetic suspension? I currently have bags in my yukon for towing my boat, not sure if the Denali will also need bags.

Any major issues to look at or research when buying a used one?

What is the going rate for the extended warranty on the Denalis? I purchased one for my Yukon years ago through James E Black Cadillac but assume the rates for the Denali are up there.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dont buy a 15, try to find the latest build 17 out there and imo try for something with 20’s. Ive read many posts on here about vibrations, buffetting, transmissions etc, etc. There are a lucky few but stay away from 15’s. I know this little forum is only a slice of the people with those trucks out there and im sure there is a good percentage that are fine but imho I wouldn’t buy anything in 15-16 year range. Good luck

Edit: look around in the k2xxx section youll get tons of info on these trucks

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look down 16 threads and you will see "buying used denali what are the pitfalls", and a couple pages back is a thread about buying extended warranties with a list of Dealers with contact person and phone #. Always cheaper to buy from on line Dealers and then use the info to have your Dealer meet or beat the price. Good luck with your search. FYI 15.5 built after October 14, 2014 had additional features. Easy to tell if they have the wireless charging phone pad on the center console arm rest. Pad has like ridges instead of being smooth.

OP
OP
G

gmtk

Reaction score
[QUOTE="
Edit: look around in the k2xxx section youll get tons of info on these trucks[/QUOTE]

Thanks Galante. What does or where is the “k2xxx” section?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score

4OFFSHR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was doing the same search last year trying to find a used 15 or 16 and because I wanted a specific color match of silver with black interior it was really limited out here in CAL, so I was looking at trucks all over the country and was going to fly there and drive it back...everything west of TX out here is typically white or black trucks, silver was really hard to find at the time. We did look at some used Denalis and Escalades that we found in our color combo that were used at the dealer and it was the experience looking at those that made me switch my search from used to brand new, they both were hammered in my opinion, one smelt like Cigars and Cigarettes and the other smelt like milk spilled in it. Both to my surprise had dings and just looked abused, from there I started looking at new ones and finally located what I wanted up in Northern Cal, they had exactly the package I wanted with a loaded SLT model as the 5.3 surprisingly had a greater towing capacity which was strange, but the truck was a late 17 production that was loaded with most of the 2018 features...22" wheels and grill etc, and I had them reduce the price and put on 20's and haggled a bit more and bought that new 2017. I think many of the issues and problems from the 15 and 16's have been worked out.
So far I have really no issues that are familiar with some of the earlier production trucks. I would say it would be best to find a 17, or grind on a 18 that still maybe in the dealer stock. We did our purchase in October last year just as the 18's were hitting the dealer lots. Hope this info helps.

OP
OP
G

gmtk

Reaction score
Thanks to all. Going with a 2017 and up.

Found the thread with the 3 people to call for the extended warranty, one of which I used before.

Appreciate all the feedback.

JTRATX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a very late build 17 denali, 8/17 build, no issues as of yet.

Csurp

Reaction score
Dont buy a 15, try to find the latest build 17 out there and imo try for something with 20’s. Ive read many posts on here about vibrations, buffetting, transmissions etc, etc. There are a lucky few but stay away from 15’s. I know this little forum is only a slice of the people with those trucks out there and im sure there is a good percentage that are fine but imho I wouldn’t buy anything in 15-16 year range. Good luck

Edit: look around in the k2xxx section youll get tons of info on these trucks

Why 20's?

I have a Tahoe not a Denali. I like the ride of the 18's.

Cosmetically I also like the beefy tire look but that is a personal choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mich2024

Latest posts