Little interior project..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I finally got into another one of these great trucks, 2001 Suburban. This one is a higher mileage example but still nice. I have a couple questions about some missing and damaged pieces. The door lamp covers are missing, are these available separately or is it part of the panel? Also, the pass front seat is missing the adjustment buttons. Can I just get these covers or do I have to source a complete panel? also, the overhead lights are all out, do these covers just pop off? I know, a lot of little things but any help is greatly appreciated.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I finally got into another one of these great trucks, 2001 Suburban. This one is a higher mileage example but still nice. I have a couple questions about some missing and damaged pieces. The door lamp covers are missing, are these available separately or is it part of the panel? Also, the pass front seat is missing the adjustment buttons. Can I just get these covers or do I have to source a complete panel? also, the overhead lights are all out, do these covers just pop off? I know, a lot of little things but any help is greatly appreciated.
Have you tried hitting a junkyard? Would be your best bet, and cheaper too.

OP
OP
A

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried hitting a junkyard? Would be your best bet, and cheaper too.
That's the plan, I'm very curious what i should be looking for. I've even seen a few trucks being parted.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Door light covers can be had and replaced. Lenses for interior lights off pop off pretty easily for bulb replacement. And yes you can also replace the seat adjustment switches, just the black plastic switch covers without buying the whole switch. Those are harder to find. Like tony said^, junkyard day and see what you can find!

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Door light covers can be had and replaced. Lenses for interior lights off pop off pretty easily for bulb replacement. And yes you can also replace the seat adjustment switches, just the black plastic switch covers without buying the whole switch. Those are harder to find. Like tony said^, junkyard day and see what you can find!
This.

The easiest answer you are hoping for will work for all three.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I discovered some junk yards remove many items BEFORE the public gets their hands on them. ( And you pay to enter yard??)

There's an honest yard near me..... All the good stuff is still on the trucks, where down the street at another salvage, much are missing.

Consider that when shopping. ( I found, the nicer looking yards, as you enter from street, odds are better )

IMO

OP
OP
A

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I wasn't able to snag much, just as @mountie noted, the good stuff was long gone. I was able to get a set of OE tail lights as the truck came with some lame euro clears, everything else I needed wasn't available. I did find a score on Amazon, the entry/exit light housings on the door panels are available new. I got a set of 4, as well as a missing door lock button. I also got a new lower air deflector with hardware as the truck did not come with one and the salvage yard didn't have any.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts