Limp mode with no codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

easydays

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello
I have 2007 Yukon 4wd
Looks like in went to limp mode
Can’t get up to speed.
Only light on is traction control
No codes come up
I change the front house hubs and sensors And the brake light switch
No issue with engine runs fine.
Yet is in limp mode.

Any ideas. I haven’t been able to use it in 3 weeks

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try pulling the ABS fuses and see if it changes anything. It may get you moving faster than limp speed...

Otherwise you need to scan it and see what codes you have. Did all of this happen after the repairs and brake light switch? Or did you replace thinking it was the cause?

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try pulling the ABS fuses and see if it changes anything. It may get you moving faster than limp speed...

Otherwise you need to scan it and see what codes you have. Did all of this happen after the repairs and brake light switch? Or did you replace thinking it was the cause?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello
I have 2007 Yukon 4wd
Looks like in went to limp mode
Can’t get up to speed.
Only light on is traction control
No codes come up
I change the front house hubs and sensors And the brake light switch
No issue with engine runs fine.
Yet is in limp mode.

Any ideas. I haven’t been able to use it in 3 weeks
you need a scanner that can read body codes, traction control is not OBD so you need something like a tech2 or snap-on, etc
if there is no abs light on then it could be drivetrain related such as a transmission issue
you can try disconnecting the battery but it may not be any help.
limp mode is commonly caused by the throttle body but if there is no obd code it's probably not the throttle body.

OP
OP
E

easydays

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

All was because it went to limp mode

I have scan it. Numerous times. No codes come up
No miss fires

OP
OP
E

easydays

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
^^^ This, what scanner? You need to use a scanner that reads body/chassis codes in addition to the run-of-the-mill scanner that reads only OBD or powertrain codes.
i scan it with a obd scanner , looks like i have to scan body code scanner

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whoa, didn't think an 07 had all that voodoo stuff that would disable the engine like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomcoop