Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

battledenali

Reaction score
I have a '17 Denali XL and I have a terrible time seeing at night in the rain.

I would like to add some strong amber lights nice and low on the truck to help with this and not blind on coming vehicles. But I am having trouble finding a nice clean way to mount anything.

I have yet to come across anything that will fit this truck other then a license plate light mount. And they dont really look all that stable. Has anyone mounted anything on there Denali's like this, or used the license plate mount?

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A couple of things to note: a) New Jersey has a state safety inspection program (I realize that new vehicles are not inspected for a certain period of years); b) federal motor vehicle safety standards (FMVSS) regulate lighting on motor vehicles in the United States; c) while forward facing amber may be permitted, it is important to note that the maximum number of forward facing lights (not including parking lights) that may be illuminated at any one time is four; and d) auxiliary driving lights may not be used when high beams are illuminated. Your state may have additional restrictions.

Ok, now that that is out of the way, the problem with our crappy lighting is the fixtures and bulbs themselves. Some folks have replaced bulbs with LED or HID bulbs. I am not sure what the solution is. I just know that my Suburban lighting is far worse than my Volvo — which as bending LED lighting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076