Lifting 2008 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AR34

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Really trying to find some options for lifting my Yukon. It has AutoRide and it is AWD. Want to go 5-6 inches. I’ve read almost everywhere trying to figure this out. Can I use any 4wd kit then get rod extenders for the stock shocks? I would think I’d need either a dual cardan shaft or a kit that comes with some drop brackets. I wouldn’t mind finding a kit that came with new shocks as well and getting ride of the auto ride/auto height system. Thanks in advance.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@AR34 At 6 inches that will be outside of the range of the factory auto ride shocks, you will install the shocks that come with your lift kit and then you need to buy the parts that disable the auto ride system so that it will be just like a traditional suspension.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics, please.

Lots of folks in this Forum have lifted their truck, and they have a wealth of knowledge and experience in this area. They will chime in.

OP
OP
A

AR34

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@AR34 At 6 inches that will be outside of the range of the factory auto ride shocks, you will install the shocks that come with your lift kit and then you need to buy the parts that disable the auto ride system so that it will be just like a traditional suspension.

Ok thanks. Will any 4WD kit work with AWD?

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks. Will any 4WD kit work with AWD?
@AR34 I don't know honestly, there doesn't seem to be much information out there for that specific application. All that I would say is stick to a 4inch lift with a cross member drop. Since the front axles are engaged 24/7 it is probably very important to have the suspension geometry as level as possible, even more so than you can get away with on a 4wd Tahoe.

I would go with the BDS 4 inch lift, it should keep your AWD axles nice and level. Make sure to do your research. Reach out to customer support for these lifts to see what they know about putting them on a AWD Tahoe.

OP
OP
A

AR34

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@AR34 I don't know honestly, there doesn't seem to be much information out there for that specific application. All that I would say is stick to a 4inch lift with a cross member drop. Since the front axles are engaged 24/7 it is probably very important to have the suspension geometry as level as possible, even more so than you can get away with on a 4wd Tahoe.

I would go with the BDS 4 inch lift, it should keep your AWD axles nice and level. Make sure to do your research. Reach out to customer support for these lifts to see what they know about putting them on a AWD Tahoe.

Yeah I’ve talked with BDS and Rough Country. None will recommend it for this application but I may have asked about keeping the AutoRide as well. Can’t remember. My brain is scrambled trying to figure this out. If I went 5 or 6 I would think a dual cardan shaft would fix the angle problem but going that high might effect track width so I’d have to put wheel spacers in the back...I have no idea. Really wanted this to work but I’m getting tired of it already.

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4wd lift kits will work with a awd
but you will need to get a different front driveshaft with a double joint for it to work procomp and others sell them.
also make sure it's a quality lift that drops the differential proportionately with the lift hight and keeps cv axles at a relatively flat angle similar to stock.

OP
OP
A

AR34

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Rough Country sells a 5” kit and they also have part #5083.1 which is a dual cardan shaft. This will work for AWD but not with AutoRide. Has anyone come across a kit for deleting the factory suspension they recommend? I believe I have a leaking air shock anyway so I believe I should just scrap it all and lift it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitransmission