Liftgate motor bad??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok so last weekend my power liftgate stopped raising the lift gate. So today I put in new struts. They work well and I can definitely tell a difference between the new ones the the old worn out ones. With that said, the power liftgate still won't function. It churns, starts to lift it (less than an inch) then stops and closes the gate. Has anyone heard of the motor going bad and needing replaced?

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quite certain that like any other motor actuated part it has a limited life expectancy.

Suggest calling the parts department and asking them if they sell a lot. That's what I do sometimes to determine the failure rate of a particular part.

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After some googling it looks like it's also possibly the liftgate latch. Looks like I've got some troubleshooting to do.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi 07burb,

I understand that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle and you are seeking advice regarding this concern. As a customer service representative, I'm not able to provide much in the way of do-it-yourself information, so I'm glad to see forum members are beginning to step in with feedback. If you have any lingering concerns, do not be shy. You can always private message us.

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care