Lifter/Cam Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

02DFWTahoe

Reaction score
Small update!

Got the cam in, replaced a lot of parts in the motor while we were in there. Had it tuned, baseline HP was 202, I don't remember the torque though. Ended up at 256/310 after the tune. Unfortunately, a week later we had to replace the fuel pump as it was under 50 psi at idle.

While we were doing the fuel pump, I ordered a set of LT's for it as I had a cat that was rattling and driving me crazy.

I was able to pickup a tbss intake, which will be going on this weekend with a new Nick Williams 92mm throttle body.

Even without being tuned for headers, the truck runs great. The cam real woke it up, it has much more pickup, and is a pleasure to drive.

Once the intake is done, it will go back to the rollers!

OP
OP

02DFWTahoe

Reaction score
Tahoe went back on the dyno this week, 301hp and 356ft/lbs. Pretty impressed, it's much more fun to drive. I haven't had an opportunity to take it on a trip yet to check highway mileage but hopefully soon enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645