Lifted AT4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A10MileHusker

Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance here but I'm looking at leveling my '22 AT4. I do not want to raise the rear end, I only want to bring up the front just a bit.

The companies I've talked to have said something that has me questioning them and their knowledge. They have all said "well the AT4 is lifted already..."

I dont have the air suspension or anything. Just the basic suspension.

Is it actually lifted? Because I don't feel like it is.

Thanks!

nomadandhound

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think you are correct. Maybe they have it confused with the Sierra AT4?

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The AT4 already has factory specifications for off road capabilities. If you bought this package, you obviously know why. They have a 2 inch factory lift. Why would you want to raise the front higher? It looks dumb and brings down your IQ. Having a rake that makes sense for airflow, down pressure, and overall look/handling makes for a better overall user experience.

I see retarded "leveled" vehicles daily, and I can tell you they look dumb. Common sense says a brick goes through air better angled down, not up. Also, what happens when you ACTUALLY haul something and the truck squats.........are we in NC now?

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The AT4 already has factory specifications for off road capabilities. If you bought this package, you obviously know why. They have a 2 inch factory lift. Why would you want to raise the front higher? It looks dumb and brings down your IQ. Having a rake that makes sense for airflow, down pressure, and overall look/handling makes for a better overall user experience.

I see retarded "leveled" vehicles daily, and I can tell you they look dumb. Common sense says a brick goes through air better angled down, not up. Also, what happens when you ACTUALLY haul something and the truck squats.........are we in NC now?
Wow. Cool opinion. Anyone else get theirs? Jeesh

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. Cool opinion. Anyone else get theirs? Jeesh
Yeah, that was a little harsh on my part now that I've reread it. I was a little peeved yesterday and I guess it came through on this one. My apologies, best of luck on your modifications

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So from what I’ve read the Yukon at4 has a 2” lift if equipped with air ride and the sierra at4 has a 2” suspension lift…I would think if the OP doesn’t have air he doesn’t have a lift. As far as front only that’s totally doable you’d just do a 1” front only. Our slt was around 1 1/4” higher in the rear but I wanted 2” lift in the front so did the RC kit that adds 1” to the rear as well. All said and done the rear is 1/2” higher than the front so turned out perfect IMO

Punteh

Reaction score
I've never seen anything that says the AT4 is factory lifted. If it was you would think that GM would make that a selling point and advertise it as having a lift. Perhaps they're thinking it's lifted because it looks a little taller due to the styling and the tires being 33's? According to GMC's website the roofline on both the AT4 and Denali is 76.5"

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never seen anything that says the AT4 is factory lifted. If it was you would think that GM would make that a selling point and advertise it as having a lift. Perhaps they're thinking it's lifted because it looks a little taller due to the styling and the tires being 33's? According to GMC's website the roofline on both the AT4 and Denali is 76.5"
The denali comes with 33’s too.

cn27

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance here but I'm looking at leveling my '22 AT4. I do not want to raise the rear end, I only want to bring up the front just a bit.

The companies I've talked to have said something that has me questioning them and their knowledge. They have all said "well the AT4 is lifted already..."

I dont have the air suspension or anything. Just the basic suspension.

Is it actually lifted? Because I don't feel like it is.

The at4 is the same basic height as any other yukon, it just has hi approach front bumper to give it better approach angle. Slight variances between models for tire size diffrences...it's less than half inch diffrence. All the at4's sit at the same height at their z71 chevy cousin.

cn27

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The at4 is the same basic height as any other yukon, it just has hi approach front bumper to give it better approach angle. Slight variances between models for tire size diffrences...it's less than half inch diffrence. All the at4's sit at the same height at their z71 chevy cousin.
Except the half ton at4...it does have a l2 inch to be the same as the trail boss...all other at4's are basically an appearance package

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9