Lifted 2013 Yukon slt 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nshift

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I plan on putting a 7.5 rough country lift on my 2013 slt 4x4 Yukon. What would be the biggest wheel/tire combo I can put on it without rubbing. I don't mind to use a wheel spacer to some degree if that gets me 33 or 35's on it but I do not want to do any cutting or grinding. Also, I need longer struts/shocks for the front and back correct? I'm sorry but I'm new to this and just looking for any information that would help me out. Thank y'all in advance

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plan on putting a 7.5 rough country lift on my 2013 slt 4x4 Yukon. What would be the biggest wheel/tire combo I can put on it without rubbing. I don't mind to use a wheel spacer to some degree if that gets me 33 or 35's on it but I do not want to do any cutting or grinding. Also, I need longer struts/shocks for the front and back correct? I'm sorry but I'm new to this and just looking for any information that would help me out. Thank y'all in advance
Look for Wade's truck on here: @01Konvict

OP
OP
N

nshift

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Look for Wade's truck on here: @01Konvict
Thank you so much for your response. I know my way around a tool box and gm/Chevy trucks. I just never lifted one. I like the looks of the Yukons with 7.5 rc lift and 35's. Just not sure what all is going to be involved in installing. I think I better just have it done instead of tackling it myself .

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much for your response. I know my way around a tool box and gm/Chevy trucks. I just never lifted one. I like the looks of the Yukons with 7.5 rc lift and 35's. Just not sure what all is going to be involved in installing. I think I better just have it done instead of tackling it myself .
Have a Zone 6.5 lift on my 2012 Sierra. The front cross member had to be cut and welded before the drop brackets were bolted on. Other than that, my daughters and I could have tackled that. Next time she'll do the welding, as she's going to welding school soon! LOL

The Sierra's wheel wells are bigger and some trimming had to be done and it still rubs a little at full turns on 35s.

OP
OP
N

nshift

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have a Zone 6.5 lift on my 2012 Sierra. The front cross member had to be cut and welded before the drop brackets were bolted on. Other than that, my daughters and I could have tackled that. Next time she'll do the welding, as she's going to welding school soon! LOL

The Sierra's wheel wells are bigger and some trimming had to be done and it still rubs a little at full turns on 35s.
That's what I was afraid of. Maybe I'll look into dropping it down to 5 inches with 33's. Hopefully nothing needs cut, welded or trimmed. thank you for the information

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I was afraid of. Maybe I'll look into dropping it down to 5 inches with 33's. Hopefully nothing needs cut, welded or trimmed. thank you for the information
Where Trey? @Trey Hardy Trey is also experienced with lifted trucks and those wide wheels. He might be offshore, wait a few days until he comes back for some more fritos and vienna sausages!

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
14 wide in any wheel and 33s if you don’t want to trim
If you don’t mind trimming some you can run 35s and 22x14s
I currently have 24x14 fuels and 35/15.50 venoms with around 8-8.5” of lift and after trimming the front and rear bumper and cab corner I can clear just about full lock
F6F7FFC6-280F-42BD-9B89-D48B6075683D.jpeg
5A95201E-E6F7-46E5-9ABC-4B0D91A6A7A0.jpeg
You can probably get away with 12 wide wheels with 35s but with that lift it’ll look funny imo but that’s coming from me. I have 14 wides on everything I own lol

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
If you want the best ride go ahead and get the longer struts or spend the money on some coil overs or bilsteins. You can use the spacer lift on top of the factory coil over but I don’t like it.
Also if you get control arms I’d shoot for fabtech cognito or kryptonites I diddnt care much for my rc ones

OP
OP
N

nshift

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I currently have 24x14 fuels and 35/15.50 venoms with around 8-8.5” of lift and after trimming the front and rear bumper and cab corner I can clear just about full lock
View attachment 399721
View attachment 399722
You can probably get away with 12 wide wheels with 35s but with that lift it’ll look funny imo but that’s coming from me. I have 14 wides on everything I own
View attachment 399721
View attachment 399722
You can probably get away with 12 wide wheels with 35s but with that lift it’ll look funny imo but that’s coming from me. I have 14 wides on everything I own lol
that's a nice looking ride. Thank you for all the info. If I go with a 5 inch lift instead of the 7.5 and 14 inch wide wheels with 33 inch tires, do you think I'd have to trim anything at that point? Thank you again

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
thanks
Yea possibly but you should be good if you do have to trim it’ll be on the lower bumper valence or inner fender liner so it wouldn’t be noticeable or seen.

I trimmed my fender liner my inner cab corner and my front bumper

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts