Leveling Kit w/ Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hogribbs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Planning on getting some keys and spring spacers to level my 2003 tahoe LS 2wd. I have been reading though the forms and keep seeing people talking about Bilstein shocks. This may be a stupid question but do you just need to replace the rear shocks or both front and rear?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Planning on getting some keys and spring spacers to level my 2003 tahoe LS 2wd. I have been reading though the forms and keep seeing people talking about Bilstein shocks. This may be a stupid question but do you just need to replace the rear shocks or both front and rear?
Welcome to the forum from Iowa.

Whether or not you need to replace any or all of your shocks depends on what you’re doing. Many times, there is enough travel in your shocks that you don’t need to change anything if you’re only lifting stuff 1” or so.

You should be able to level things up with just adjusting/swapping the keys in the front. Why are you thinking of putting spring spacers in?

If you can shed some more light on what you’re ultimate goal is, hopefully we can get your the help you are looking for.

OP
OP
H

Hogribbs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Iowa.

Whether or not you need to replace any or all of your shocks depends on what you’re doing. Many times, there is enough travel in your shocks that you don’t need to change anything if you’re only lifting stuff 1” or so.

You should be able to level things up with just adjusting/swapping the keys in the front. Why are you thinking of putting spring spacers in?

If you can shed some more light on what you’re ultimate goal is, hopefully we can get your the help you are looking for.

Planning on getting a supreme suspension 1-3in leveling kit w/ just the keys and 1in spring blocks. I only want around 2.5 in of lift in the front. I have just noticed that many of the kits come with a rear spring spacer. Im open to ideas im just trying to get a more level look, dont like the front sagging down.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Planning on getting a supreme suspension 1-3in leveling kit w/ just the keys and 1in spring blocks. I only want around 2.5 in of lift in the front. I have just noticed that many of the kits come with a rear spring spacer. Im open to ideas im just trying to get a more level look, dont like the front sagging down.

If all your wanting to do is get rid of the rake of your truck, I would think you can do that with just keys in front. I also think that you would be fine with the shocks you have and just use some shock extenders, but others with a little more experience with NBS suspensions may have different thoughts or suggestions. I would take things in steps if it were me.

Adjust the keys that are currently on your vehicle so the jack-bolt is almost all the way in. (Do this with no load on your suspension). Then see where things sit. You will need to keep an eye on how the jounce stop/bump stop engages the torsion bar as that is critical to your ride quality. You may find that that gives you the lift you are looking for just by doing that. If it does then you can decide if you want to put the lift keys in so the jack-bolt is back to the middle of its adjustment range or not. If you want more lift, then definitely putt the lift keys shock extenders and spring spacers in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panzerwagen