Level kit question for the guy who isn't adding bigger tires...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mooneywa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

I've been doing a lot of research on the different level kits through the forum here. I've seen the Pro-Comp, Rough Country, Ready Lift, etc and I am torn as to which one or even if I should put one on. My only goal out of this is to level the front end, I'm not putting larger tires (I just put on a new set of BFG Rugged Terrain, which btw are phenomenal) and I drive quite a bit on the highway each week (600+ miles). Would a 1.5" spacer do the trick to level with stock wheels? Also for those who are running a stock setup, did you notice any decrease in fuel mileage with the level kit on? As much as I drive, a small decrease translates into a noticeably larger fuel bill.

I've noticed that there seems to be a pretty big split in price between the Rough Country one and the rest of the strut spacers - which design will ultimately have the best longevity?

Thanks

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO a level kit is a level kit especially when the truck is not taken off-road. Just get the one that fits your height requirements and budget.

Stay away from spacers > 2.5 inches in lift that do not address differential and the severe changes in suspension geometry.

My mileage dropped ~1 mpg highway with just the 2.5" front and 1" rear height increase.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman