Let's talk TIRES!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As delivery of my 2015 nears I'm starting to think about rubber. Any thoughts on the OEM tires? I've gotten Nokian Rotivas for the last couple rigs and I've also had BF Goodrich T/A KOs and liked them. I'm leaning towards some kind of all terrain tire to get the benefit of extra traction in slick conditions while not going all the way to an off-road tire.

What are people running on their 2015s? Thoughts on gas milage?

OP
OP
L

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think these are the OE tires. Look like they're probably great for fuel economy. Anyone have any experience with them?

ebelp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure which wheels you have, but the 20's some with the Continental "EcoPlus" tires, which are supposed to maximize fuel economy. They're great so far, but I plan on going with a dedicated snow tire before winter. Depends on how much snow you get. We get dumped on.

greg_tahoe84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My car comes with Goodyear Assurance fuel max tires. They are pretty good. Once I wear them I will put Michelin LTX MS2 or Bridgestone Alenza.

blackout07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think these are the OE tires. Look like they're probably great for fuel economy. Anyone have any experience with them?

I had these and they were great. I just replaced them along with the wheels and went with Falken Ziex tires in a 285/45/22. They seem to grip a little more but are very smooth and quiet.

OP
OP
L

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting the 20" wheels so I think it'll come with the Contis. We sometimes get snow at home but this is going to be the ski vehicle that we'll drive up into the mountains. As such it will have dedicated studded snow tires on separate set of wheels. Those are going to be 17" Nokian Hakkaapeliita 8 (probably not the right spelling). What we do get a ton of here in Eugene, Oregon is rain. Also, during fall months the roads tend to be covered in a slick paste of ground up leaves.

TheAgency

Reaction score
I have the Goodyear Assurance "FuelMax" on mine as well, but I've been nervous about leaving them on for a pending Minnesota winter and frequent drives north.

I had Cooper Zeon LTZ's on my previous Avalanche, which were phenomenal for me while they lasted (25k and they were done).

blackout07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Goodyear Assurance "FuelMax" on mine as well, but I've been nervous about leaving them on for a pending Minnesota winter and frequent drives north.

I had Cooper Zeon LTZ's on my previous Avalanche, which were phenomenal for me while they lasted (25k and they were done).

That's terrible. I've always heard good things about Cooper.

Rangel

Full Access Member
Reaction score

wow 25k??? When I bought my tires the guy told me the Discoverer ATP were replacing the Zeon LTZ. I went with the ATP and have been very impressed. 20k and still look new with 9/32nd tread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667