LED upgrades to the new Burb...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwardncsu

Reaction score
Did our 1st mods tonight to our '15 Suburban LT.... swapped out the reverse & license plate bulbs with LEDs

For the Reverse bulbs, I ended up ordering the "Philips 12841B2 White Exterior Vision LED Bulb (Pack of 2)" from Amazon. The came in over the weekend and I popped them in tonight. Installation was fairly easy as mentioned elsewhere - remove the trim piece that covers the Torx screws that secure the light, remove the screws and gently pull the taillight assembly out. I had to use a pair of pliers just a bit of force to get the reverse light connector to rotate and extract from the housing - but then the bulb was a quick swap and put it all back together.

The pics don't really do justice, but here is one with the LED in the left side, and OE in the right...

FBAD9C87-352B-4930-A039-B165AE518ACB.jpg

Then a close-up of the tail light with the new bulb - definitely looks better with the whiter light - and definitely brighter.

D686AB93-F6F3-44BD-B8BD-B3C7E2163A35.jpg

I'm not sure I'm in love with the Chevy taillights... I sort of like the GMC tails, but they are what they are, and it's my wife's vehicle, plus you don't really see the rear of the vehicle when driving, do you :)

On the license plate bulbs, I saw Philip's had some that would supposedly work - and came in a 2 pk, but decieded to go with what others here recommended - the SYLVANIA 168/194/2825 LED Premium White Miniature Bulb -- they only came as a 1-pk on Amazon, and 1 was almost the cost of the 2 pk of Philip's bulbs.

Before with the OE bulbs
365DEFC8-11E0-4A0B-80B3-66D044C1CE1B.jpg

After with the Sylvania LEDs - a much more attractive white light
FEBFD207-DAAE-4ABD-9A16-D8F195BE69FA.jpg

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good man.

LEDs just give everything a much more classier and high end appeal then the stock yellow lights

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's just odd to me that GM would use LEDs all over the vehicle but notthe backup lights and rear-plate lights. Looks way better than stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse