LED resistor HELP!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gulleyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why fool with resistors upgrade your flashers!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Ill see what I can find for ya I know 88/95 is an ep36 95/0ish is an ep29

I haven't found an upgraded flasher for them, 05 takes a different one the. Older ones. It's a 12 pin I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, I think the flasher is the deal with mine, at least I hope, I'm running out of ideas here. Don't want to give up on this mod, have too much money and time invested in it

Devs93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think its a 44160 13 pin but I need to double check from a cpu if so ill send ya a link to buy one!

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
anytime you throw led's in the turn signals-you will need load resistors to simulate the load of a halogen bulb. You need a load resistor on each bulb-simple to install-2 wires-one goes to the - and the other to the +. Use a VOM (volt meter) if you are unsure which is the +. Turn on the signal and probe the wires to see 12 volts DC. The load resistors are cheap and easy to install.

here is what I have used in the past: http://www.v-leds.com/Load-Resistors/6-OHM-50W-2-BULB-LOAD-p4783296.html

seven9st surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the hyperflash as well, and after wrongly ordering the same 4-pin relay from superbrightleds, I've been searching for a 10-pin LED relay. Just came across this: LINK. it's waaaay too expensive for me, but in the description, it says "The LM487 is LED compatible". Not sure if that if that means they eliminate the hyper-flash or not tho. I'm gonna keep searching for a cheaper alternative, but at least this is a starting point.

EDIT: looks like it does indeed fix the hyperflash, and its on sale on amazon for $37. Still slightly more expensive than load resistors, but it might be worth it to some

also a long thread on this part HERE

Last edited:

Devs93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cant get the thread to load and those relays are lot more expensive. the ones in the older mdels are only like 5/10 bucks. worth the cost though if you dont wanna mess with wiring

gulleyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I put the switchbacks in with the 194's in the corners and left the resistors off and now I have lights all the way around, just with hyperflash on the blinkers. Not sure if adding the 194's made my parking lights work on the rear or what?!

I followed that link for Autozone and found an LED compatible flasher module (Tridon EP29) for my '02 was only $15
Might try that next week. Thanks guys, I'll post back with results then.

Last edited:

nkosmo

Reaction score
I have LED in every bulb in my 04 tahoe. When i installed my led turn signals, i did get the same hyper flashing, installed load resistors into the turn signal circuit and no more hyper flashing. The resistors are very easy to install using t-taps. hope you get it working

Sub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What if I want to just add LED signals (in another location) and keep the existing halogen bulbs in the circuit? The added (as opposed to substituted) LEDs should increase the load on the circuit, not reduce it, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCUSA