LED headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Forystek

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

2007 Suburban 1500.... I am looking to replace my entire headlight assemblies due to fading. Since I am pulling them apart I'd like to replace all the bulbs with LEDs for better brightness. While researching I have found many H11 bulbs that appear to have a clearance issue when installing in the suburban. Do you have a recommendation that will not have this clearance issue?

Any recommendations on the headlight assembly itself? I like to keep it stock in appearance.

THanks in advance!

Jason_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will have to find LED bulbs that do not have the fan on the back. There are a few varieties that have a few loops of braided wire on the back to help dissipate heat..

There is also a thread about this over in the '07-14 Tahoe/Yukon section.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Vanquish Auto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
202 Wallace Ave N Unit 12 Lehigh Acres FL 33971
Hello,

2007 Suburban 1500.... I am looking to replace my entire headlight assemblies due to fading. Since I am pulling them apart I'd like to replace all the bulbs with LEDs for better brightness. While researching I have found many H11 bulbs that appear to have a clearance issue when installing in the suburban. Do you have a recommendation that will not have this clearance issue?

Any recommendations on the headlight assembly itself? I like to keep it stock in appearance.

THanks in advance!
Hello. Our led kits has been proved as the most powerful led bulbs for any vehicle application.

We have the brightest bulbs for headlights with 12000 lms with 5 years warranty, here is the link in case you may want to take a look at it.

https://vanquishauto.com/led-headli...a-output-12000-lumens-bright-white-6000k.html

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello. Our led kits has been proved as the most powerful led bulbs for any vehicle application.

We have the brightest bulbs for headlights with 12000 lms with 5 years warranty, here is the link in case you may want to take a look at it.

https://vanquishauto.com/led-headli...a-output-12000-lumens-bright-white-6000k.html

Thanks.

They might be bright, but do they fit without modification on these trucks?
Most LED are too long out the back and hit the surrounding metal behind the headlight assembly.
I installed LED low beam bulbs in my truck but had to grind away some metal.
BTW, LED is way better than stock.

Vanquish Auto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They might be bright, but do they fit without modification on these trucks?
Most LED are too long out the back and hit the surrounding metal behind the headlight assembly.
I installed LED low beam bulbs in my truck but had to grind away some metal.
BTW, LED is way better than stock.
Ours has been the smallest led kits ever! Said for many customers all over the internet with super good results!

IMG_2004.JPG

PNWMuseumman

Bow Ties Are Cool
Reaction score
Hello,

THanks in advance!

I worked with Headlightrevolution.com for the LED lows I put in my 02. I was pretty hesitant about making the switch, so I rapid fired questions at the guy on the phone, he was super nice and had excellent information about the bulbs for me. I went with the Supernova V3's they don't have the fan on the back, they have the braid heat sinks coming out of the back. The nice part about the braids is that you can flex them around as needed to fit. I have had them in the hoe for about 8 months (all through the winter) and I couldn't be happier. the ouput has been spectactular on my 4 AM commute everyday all winter long.

Vanquish Auto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I worked with Headlightrevolution.com for the LED lows I put in my 02. I was pretty hesitant about making the switch, so I rapid fired questions at the guy on the phone, he was super nice and had excellent information about the bulbs for me. I went with the Supernova V3's they don't have the fan on the back, they have the braid heat sinks coming out of the back. The nice part about the braids is that you can flex them around as needed to fit. I have had them in the hoe for about 8 months (all through the winter) and I couldn't be happier. the ouput has been spectactular on my 4 AM commute everyday all winter long.
Here is the problem with the braided system. They don’t light up any good. It’s one of the cheapest systems out. But glad they worked for you.

PNWMuseumman

Bow Ties Are Cool
Reaction score
Here is the problem with the braided system. They don’t light up any good. It’s one of the cheapest systems out. But glad they worked for you.

Woah, Vanquish throwing shade right out of the gate. I'm sure vanquish has a fine product for OP's inquiry, I'm just giving some insight into my experience, since I was pretty hesitant and leery about them being bright enough but not glaring for other drivers. I've posted comparison photos with the supernova's vs. the halogens. Results speak for themselves.

Vanquish Auto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Woah, Vanquish throwing shade right out of the gate. I'm sure vanquish has a fine product for OP's inquiry, I'm just giving some insight into my experience, since I was pretty hesitant and leery about them being bright enough but not glaring for other drivers. I've posted comparison photos with the supernova's vs. the halogens. Results speak for themselves.
Just giving my take on the braided system. Not trying to disrespect and I’m sorry if I did.

I just got in my hand the latest headlight bulb with csp( we use them for back up lights, they are crazy bright) and it didn’t do the trick for projector headlights. Gave up at a good 80% of the light output of halogen. Tested them on reflectors and gave it that flash light beam pattern and also lost brightness and output from the halogens. Still every other seller will push them as the hottest right now. We are about selling the single best option vs driving you mad with the countless gimmicks that show up every other day. We only want the best. We have been testing led headlights for years before it wasn’t even a thing people would talk about. Just waiting for that single bulb to be worthy of a halogen reflector.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01