LED 3157's for cheap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those aren't smd-LED's so I really wouldn't recommend only bc from personal experience I had some and they went out in two weeks. The ones from v-LED are on sale right now for $50. Usually they are 79.99. They have a Coupon code for March too!

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not suggesting these are the highest quality, but for $2.50/per bulb it's a good deal. I ordered 4 for $10. Don't expect them to last long, but neither did the $80 v-led ones I got, either. They made it a few months, which isn't worth the investment IMO. $2.50 bulbs are basically disposable.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scott, what are planning to use these for?
Hopefully puddles if your stock ones are hurting your eyes. :)

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Can I use them for puddles? I thought those were some weird festoon bulb....

I was just going to throw them in the DRL's, actually. I've got crappy looking halogens in there right now. The LED's definitely look cleaner.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was kidding Scott. :)

Point is those will barely illuminate the puddles, much less drls.
I guess it doesn't hurt to try them at that price, but they won't do you much good.

I'm guessing that NBS housings are easier to take off and switch bulbs ... there's no 'slap 'em on and see what happens' for NNBS guys as we basically gotta remove the truck from its frame to swap a bulb. :whymewhyme:

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Ohhh, sorry. My witty sarcasm meter is bork. ;)

But yeah, you're right. They probably won't do much for illumination. I'm just trying them out because, yes, they are very simple to put in in my truck. You just have to take the headlight out and you can access them from there. One bonus of being poor and having an older rig....lol.

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ebay smd's from China are cheaper and work just like the ones from v-leds or superbright. Their led's are made in China anyways. Maybe It's just my luck but all mine from China still work great.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not really a China thing as most of these electronics are made there.

But since it's all but impossible to trace what factory made them and what quality controls they have in place, it's always going to be a roll of the dice no matter who the vendor is ... although I don't buy all my leds from v-leds, when I do I pay a little extra knowing that they have good customer service and that they'll replace inferior parts much after the sale. This is something that one often won't get from a random ebay seller.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ebay smd's from China are cheaper and work just like the ones from v-leds or superbright. Their led's are made in China anyways. Maybe It's just my luck but all mine from China still work great.

Only reason I brought up the vled ones is bc I learned the hard way and went through two sets of the 3157 led lights from eBay/china. Had them in my avalanche and escalade and they BOTH went out. No more cheap LEDs for me :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo