Leasing - how much off MSRP to expect?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DieselNY

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi I am new here. Have lots of experience with negotiating with BMW and Mercedes dealers and how much off MSRP to expect as a final sales price before figuring lease payments.

My question is if I build a Yukon slt on the GMC website and it comes out to around $68,000 msrp, what is a realistic actual sales price I should expect? 66k? 64k? Etc.

Thank you so much for any help.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Hovhannes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i would see how much the invoice is and then start calling GMC dealers. you should be able to get it at or below invoice that wold be more towards 64K

Hovhannes

OP
OP
D

DieselNY

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i would see how much the invoice is and then start calling GMC dealers. you should be able to get it at or below invoice that wold be more towards 64K

Hovhannes

Thanks. The msrp on the car I built online was 68k the salesmen said the priced he used to quote lease payments was 66k. To be honest I never realized how horrible lease payments are on American cars, I knew they weren't good but wow.

I've always gotten amazing deals on BMW and Mercedes leases but this guy quoted me over $900 a month which is just silly.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. The msrp on the car I built online was 68k the salesmen said the priced he used to quote lease payments was 66k. To be honest I never realized how horrible lease payments are on American cars, I knew they weren't good but wow.

I've always gotten amazing deals on BMW and Mercedes leases but this guy quoted me over $900 a month which is just silly.

When I first looked into getting the Tahoe I looked at leasing and the residuals were terrible. One dealership said the residual was 51% at the time on an LTZ with the sun and entertainment pkg.

Yes, BMW and Mercedes offer much better residuals and lease deals. A good chunk of their business is on leases.

Hovhannes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When I first looked into getting the Tahoe I looked at leasing and the residuals were terrible. One dealership said the residual was 51% at the time on an LTZ with the sun and entertainment pkg.

Yes, BMW and Mercedes offer much better residuals and lease deals. A good chunk of their business is on leases.

you cant compare a Tahoe or a Suburban to anything made by BMW and Mercedes. I bought a Suburban as there is no other vehicle that does what it does for us. and that's haul 3 kids and 3 adults with all there gear in comfort and style

John

kevamo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The leases are bad because of the lease rates or money factors are so high. The current rates for a 2015 Yukon Denali XL in Ohio are in the 6-7% range. For comparsion a 2015 BMW x5 has a current money factor of .00130 or 3.12% Doing round math that would mean a $200.00 per month difference in a lease payment just for rent or interest. This is very high, but since they do not have an over supply of vehicles, they can charge this. As supply increases and demand decreases, the Manufacturers use lease programs or subvention to help move inventory. The money factor is usually the first thing lowered since money is cheap. Sometimes they will offer rebates in addition to lowering money factors, and sometimes car companies will artificially raise residuals to lower the monthly payment hoping that the vehicle is worth more at the end of the lease that what would normally be expected. This can get banks or car companies in trouble, but hey, that is three years down the road and the metal gets moved now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts