L8t 427 Whipple charged Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@WestTxDenali Any updates or progress yet?
We getting close to a start up vid?
You sticking with OEM exhaust manifolds and throwing some long tube headers on this bad boy to breath? Details on the exhaust set-up?

OP
OP
W

WestTxDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@WestTxDenali Any updates or progress yet?
We getting close to a start up vid?
You sticking with OEM exhaust manifolds and throwing some long tube headers on this bad boy to breath? Details on the exhaust set-up?
Man I’m so sorry. I had to head back to work early and will be back home next week. That being said I did get the block slung in and started working on the wiring harness. As for the exhaust I have a set of 1 7/8 kooks long tubes I need to wrap and get put on also. I got ahold of Whipple the other day and it is still a few weeks out.

I did end up ordering a set of Viking coil overs and a wilwood big brake set up.

When I get back home I’ll upload some more pictures and hopefully be able to get some more done.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No reason to apologize man. Life happens. You will love the Wilwood BBK set up.

Coilovers and BBK your wife's going to have a one hell of a Denali!

OP
OP
W

WestTxDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Even though I’m stuck at work I figured I should do a quick run down of the build over all.

Thompson Motorsports l8t 427 short block

Callie’s compstar rods/pistons/crank

Ati dampener

LME vvt delete

LME valley cover

LT4 hpfp

FIC 30% over LT4 injectors

Atomic drop in low side 475 pump

Katech Cnc ported lt1 heads

GPI stage 2 blower cam 226/250 .639/.639 116+3

1 7/8 kooks green catted headers

Mishimoto radiator

Mishimoto trans cooler

Whipple gen 5 3.0 blower

Katech 112mm throttle body

Mighty Mouse catch can

Katech coil relocation brackets

8l90 trans

Circle d billet stall convertor

Gulf coast drive shaft

Viking coilovers for the front

Drop springs with Viking shocks in the rear

Adjustable 4 link by apoc

Spohn adjustable rear panhard bar

Wilwood 16 inch from brakes

Wilwood 14 inch rear brakes

Djm lower control arms to correct camber

Dropped roughly 3/4

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

WestTxDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alright I made it back home and knocked out quite a bit today. Got the trans back in and the torque converter bolted up and torqued. Drive shaft slide right in and is so much smaller around than the stock unit. This will be nice when I get it sitting lower so clearance. Also started getting the front drive back on and all the misc wiring hooked back up. Also I got the Katech coil relocation brackets in and mocked up. I am still waiting on the super charger to show up. Last update said it should ship out the 25th of this month. Also ran into a little snag with the ati damper. I forgot to order the front 6 rib pulley. Thankfully summit is only 2 hours from the house and it should be in tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully tomorrow I will get started on dropping the fuel tank and getting my low side pump installed.

Attachments

• IMG_1830.jpeg
    IMG_1830.jpeg
    169.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1829.jpeg
    IMG_1829.jpeg
    338.7 KB · Views: 7

buckwild27

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alright I made it back home and knocked out quite a bit today. Got the trans back in and the torque converter bolted up and torqued. Drive shaft slide right in and is so much smaller around than the stock unit. This will be nice when I get it sitting lower so clearance. Also started getting the front drive back on and all the misc wiring hooked back up. Also I got the Katech coil relocation brackets in and mocked up. I am still waiting on the super charger to show up. Last update said it should ship out the 25th of this month. Also ran into a little snag with the ati damper. I forgot to order the front 6 rib pulley. Thankfully summit is only 2 hours from the house and it should be in tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully tomorrow I will get started on dropping the fuel tank and getting my low side pump installed.
Have you rewired the fuel rail psi sending unit plug yet?

buckwild27

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
To my understanding for anything below 2019 that’s not needed. I could be wrong though. I’ll for sure look into it
@L8T BURB had to do it on his. I'm looking at doing this swap myself on my 2014. So I would like to know where the wire needs to go.

OP
OP
W

WestTxDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@L8T BURB had to do it on his. I'm looking at doing this swap myself on my 2014. So I would like to know where the wire needs to go.
So l8t used a new engine and wiring harness. I reused my l86 harness. For 19-24 they changed the high side wiring. Before that it’s the same connector.

L8T BURB

Reaction score
So l8t used a new engine and wiring harness. I reused my l86 harness. For 19-24 they changed the high side wiring. Before that it’s the same connector.
I used my L83 wiring harness and L83 ECM. The only wiring that was changed was a fuel rail sensor 2 wire to 3 wire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts