Knocking noise 2nd time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hamd1719

Reaction score
About a month ago there was a knocking noise in the steering I took it to the dealer they fixed saying there was a bulletin regarding the problem.
Now again there was a knocking sound this time took it they're saying we have to look into the problem and tell you they are not able to duplicate the problem, its been 3 days now (previously they fixed it four hours )
The sound comes while turning and going over bumps or broken roads only, any solution to the problem

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

jrodriguez_20807

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is doing the same thing and took it in and still could not duplicate problem.

OP
OP
H

hamd1719

Reaction score
Dealer called tomorrow I'll go he said there is some bulletin will post the bulletin here

Jproy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
minded the same thing they replace the entire steering column last week

OP
OP
H

hamd1719

Reaction score
Yes they replaced the steering column I hope there are no other problems

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About a month ago there was a knocking noise in the steering I took it to the dealer they fixed saying there was a bulletin regarding the problem.
Now again there was a knocking sound this time took it they're saying we have to look into the problem and tell you they are not able to duplicate the problem, its been 3 days now (previously they fixed it four hours )
The sound comes while turning and going over bumps or broken roads only, any solution to the problem

Hi hamd1719,

I can understand how frustrating it must be to experience the knocking noises again and the dealership being unable to duplicate this concern. We would be happy to contact your dealership if you would like. Please send us a PM with your VIN, mileage, contact information, and preferred dealership. Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Sincerely,

Alison B.
GM Customer Care

Last edited:

mtocrs1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed mine doing the same thing. Mine feels Iike it's coming from the floor board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtocrs1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine goes in tomorrow. Well see what they say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amendez