Knocking/ Chattering at high rpms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Only other thing that comes to mine at the moment is a loose valve adjustment somewhere but that is a long shot. How about any other brackets under the hood?

OP
OP

19964x4HOE

Reaction score
I sure hope its not a valve adjustment lol even though its not that bard. Tomorkw when I get off work I will check everything over one more time.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
You should check it out before it is something important and ***** up the inside and you have to get a new block or an overhaul. I have to see the sound clip but could it be the lifters?

OP
OP

19964x4HOE

Reaction score
that was my 2nd guess for something internal gzes... Lifters or valve adjustment... Its not a horrible knock. Its more like a chatter... but idk exactly the best way to diagnose th esound more clear besides using a screwdriver lol

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Well my damn iPhone won't let me see the clip so I can't say what it could be but I guess it's the lifters. I had an explored and it's litters were bad and it sounded like you described but it shouldn't cause any real damage just to the worn lifters but I sold it before I got to them so I didn't have to worry about it. It happens alot when you just hop in the car and go but you have to warm up the car before you leave. Dud the previous owner just hop in in the morning and go wherever?

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Ok but check the lifters because thats what I think it is and yea it's ******* annoying but that's what the radio is for on high lol:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645