Kinda stuck in park? Once unplugged it’ll work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dS7R

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good evening,

So I have a 2013 Tahoe SSV with now about 129k miles. I’ve recently ran into a problem I thought would be an easy fix, but isn’t? I’m hoping I’m missing something you guys could help?!

I’m currently kinda stuck in park, after hitting and playing with the brake a bunch I can get finally get it out of park and into any gear and shifts through out gears prefect.

But I found when I unplug the Brake Pedal Position Sensor it’ll go into any gear prefect (won’t get stuck at all) soon as I plug it back in, stuck in park again.

So like any normal person I replaced the Brake Pedal Position Sensor with a new one and resettled the ECU ( took the battery off) but it didn’t work. I’m still Stuck in park for the most part, unless I again unplug the Brake Pedal Position Sensor. Which causes like 3 warning lights. Or don’t unplug it and press on the brake pedal 20 times and eventually get it in gear

Not sure what to do, am I missing something simple? Any help is greatly appreciated!

P.s. - all Brake lights are working.
- Haven’t had a trailer ever attached

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how that system works, but yeah you would think it would just be the brake switch.
However, since you changed that, maybe the system needs to see a certain amount of brake pressure that is not getting/reading for some reason.
Or perhaps some faulty wiring, potentially blown fuse.
Hopefully someone that actually knows the system can chime in instead of just my random guessing. Haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmiller727

Latest posts