Kill switch Question - yes this again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jades Dark heart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK so I would like to put in an ignition killswitch but I am concerned over the remote start feature my Yukon has.

I dont have the cash right now to buy a new alarm but I want added security. Is there a way to install a kill switch but still allow the GM remote start to still function?

Greg

llllljrlllll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know the answer to this. Would love to know, too. Remember what helps one, helps us all.

OP
OP
Jades Dark heart

Jades Dark heart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my wife, who is totally awesome BTW, told me to order a new alarm. She is just as afraid of my new ride getting jacked as I am, since my 04 got stolen and totalled out.

So I ordered the Viper 5902 wtih shock, tilt, glass break sensors, as well as, battery back up and battery powered back up siren.

Should be here this week.

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my wife, who is totally awesome BTW, told me to order a new alarm. She is just as afraid of my new ride getting jacked as I am, since my 04 got stolen and totalled out.

So I ordered the Viper 5902 wtih shock, tilt, glass break sensors, as well as, battery back up and battery powered back up siren.

Should be here this week.

Alot of people are getting this alarm. I wonder if it is really that good. With all that protection that u mentioned it should be unstealable

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alot of people are getting this alarm. I wonder if it is really that good. With all that protection that u mentioned it should be unstealable

Nothing is unstealable, the Vipor will make it harder for thieves to steal it but if they want it bad enough they will figure out a way to steal it. I have the autopage remote start with kill switch, shock/tilt sensors. Don't think I have the glass break though, but like a guy that owns an alarm shop told me..."if they want it bad enough, they will get it". We just need to make it difficult for them to get it.

OP
OP
Jades Dark heart

Jades Dark heart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah a tow truck defeats all and I know a highly motivated thief can still get away if they wanted too but I am hoping to make the prospect much more difficult.

My 04 was broken into and driving away in under two minutes. I find it hard to believe but the detective said they have it down to a science.

I just dont want to ever have that sunken feeling again...EVER.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like a killswitch so it won't start? You're making it WAY too difficult. Just find the wires for the fuel pump and you can hide a switch nearly anywhere.

OP
OP
Jades Dark heart

Jades Dark heart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like a killswitch so it won't start? You're making it WAY too difficult. Just find the wires for the fuel pump and you can hide a switch nearly anywhere.

Yes I know but as I stated, I was hoping to retain the ability to use the remote start.

G

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz