Keyline Battery Isolator install?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Condor1970

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's kind of hard to find a factory dual battery kit for my 1999 Suburban LT 5.7L. So, I decided to try and install a Keyline battery Isolator. I have one main question that I can't seem to find an answer to.

Is it OK to remove the positive battery lead from the primary battery going across the radiator shroud to the under hood drivers side fuse box, and attach it to the Auxiliary battery on that side?

I ask this, because all my accessories are currently coming off the posts on that box, and it would be easiest just to move that main lead that goes across the radiator shroud, and install it on the Second battery. The main starter lead would stay on the primary battery.

My only concern, is that if I ran down the drivers side auxiliary battery, would the isolator relay close and still allow all the electronics (ECM, ignition, etc) to work when I try to start the engine?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo