Key Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yargnits

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Northern Indiana, the land of annoying lepreachons
I coundn't find an answer searching that archs...

I'm looking to by a spare key and remote for my Yukon. The sites I've visted only sell a non-transponder key for my '04 Yukon. With all the talk about transponder bypass these last few months I thought for sure the 00-06 models had one... does it? need a transponder key that is?

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no. the passlock is in the key cylinder, not the key.

I got my spare keys at Home Depot... everywhere else INSISTED that it was a special key, that it had to be ordered from the dealer, etc.

it is a plain metal key with no rubber head

Repo503

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah its a plain key...I have a basic key with a bowtie emblem for the denali since I lost my denali keys some time ago. Also if you buy a keyless fob from the dealership don't have them program it for you...my local dealer wanted $25 to program it, when it took me about a minute to do it myself in their parking lot.

yukonjacks

A Vegitative State
Reaction score
When I got my yukon it had an additional valet key which is just a plain key that opens the door and starts the truck but wont open the glove box

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullyfiberchick

Latest posts