Key fob stopped working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Samuel Ross

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have brand new 2021 Denali with 1000 km and the remote start button on key fob has stopped working. I know it is not battery as the fob still locks/ unlocks doors, and truck will start normally with the button inside. Not sure if it is connected or not, but the GMC app has never started it. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have brand new 2021 Denali with 1000 km and the remote start button on key fob has stopped working. I know it is not battery as the fob still locks/ unlocks doors, and truck will start normally with the button inside. Not sure if it is connected or not, but the GMC app has never started it. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, it could be that something on the engine and drivetrain is not up to par and remote start is disabled or the module that controls the remote start is not working or has a loose connection. Time to schedule an appointment at the dealer. Without the GM scan tool, we're just guessing.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an intermittent problem with my 2019 Tahoe’s remote. They had install some kind of module maybe a booster. I had an issue with the three remotes I had

dcyy

Reaction score
Tire Pressure Monitoring System Receiver - GM (13586853)
2013-2020 GM Tire Pressure Monitoring System Receiver 13586853 Same thing happened to mine. Lost the range on my fob-wouldn't open doors unless standing next to it. Dealer replaced this antenna receiver and now have normal fob range. Everything else worked on the fob-hope this helps

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think these remotes are going to eat batteries. The truck and remote have a relationship that turns things on when close by with the remote

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I worry about genital cancer from close proximity. Already have warts so I certainly don't need cancer.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I worry about genital cancer from close proximity. Already have warts so I certainly don't need cancer.

Weird flex but ok.

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take it out of your pocket before you press the button(s). That should ease your fears & concerns. You're welcome...

Jimmyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can buy chain mail underwear or a faraday bag. A faraday bag will stop the chances of your remote being cloned.