Katzskin leather

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have and so has good in black.

OP
OP
H

Hemmissey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How's the fitment? My oem leathers are already cracking and I'm thinking about Katzskin replacement.. You have any pics Yates?

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
I have a black Tuscany / black suede insert kit on My Tahoe. Love it. Fitment is perfect as long as you're good at stretching leather to get all the wrinkles out.

Had a full Tuscany kit on my 2003 Denali for 3 years and it held up perfect. Keep in mind it is softer than th factory leather so it will show wear a little quicker. Also, if you wear a belt everyday, it will slowly eat at the lower seat back as it runs against it.

Well worth the money.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is some wrinkles in these pics but they are pretty much out now and if there is any when I do final touches I will heat the leather and stretch it a bit. They are surprisingly easy to do.

20130727_163237_zpsd6f6964d.jpg
20130727_223248_zpsb30cca8e.jpg
20130728_150044_zps197fc40f.jpg
20130728_143343_zps65321113.jpg

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Katzkins is picky about their dealer network. I don't believe they sell direct, whereas I think Roadwire does. Call them up and find a dealer close to you and tell them you just want the kit, and you'll install it yourself. The GMs are easy - no hog rings.

Roadwire is nice too, but they don't offer the premium leather as nice as the Katzkins Tuscany is. Although, the Tuscany is freaking expensive.

carduke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't like much the fit of Katzskin covers. I had a set before and I tried heating them to remove the wrinkles but there are some parts that are a bit loose.

Ponchonutty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't like much the fit of Katzskin covers. I had a set before and I tried heating them to remove the wrinkles but there are some parts that are a bit loose.

You have to know how to stretch it correctly. Also, if your seat foam is worn, you'll never get all the wrinkles out no matter what you do.

I sell them, I could get pricing and possible drop ship as well. Works best if you have a great leather conditioner to put on when you are done with it. This way the leather will relax. Also, I almost never remove seats when doing the install. If I have to remove a seat it's usually a bench or fold down seat in a sedan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BattleBorn