just swapped grilles...thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks to turboeclips for the new to me black grille! What does everyone else think about the swap?

Should I get the chrome trim color matched to black? I think I like it the way it is because it ties in the chrome from the headlights...thoughts?

I am not trying for the ****** out look as I plan to keep all the other satin chrome trim of the z71 package.

Attachments

• P7053285.jpg
    P7053285.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 99
  • P7053286.jpg
    P7053286.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 111

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
That is way better. Keep it with the chrome trim!

jem556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^agrees...hard to improve upon that look.

steven johnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hepl from the experts: my tahoe is blue grandit (crome trim/black grill) which will look better? 1. paint the crome trim black, to match grill. 2. paint the whole grill body color.
NOTE: bowtie is body color

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the black with the chrome trim around it! Nice! :waytogo:

turboeclips

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good bro. I like it as is. The chrome border matches the chrome outline on the bowtie. :favorites37:

OP
OP
emann_01

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks again Anthony! everything arrived in great shape!

well now that I have a spare/extra chrome trim piece I think I will have it color matched and try it out...if I like it I will leave it or if not I can always change it back to chrome...I can even do a black trim with the z71 satin chrome grille...

also, if anyone needs a stock gold bowtie let me know as I have an extra front one now

Sinner73

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It looks great in black , is that just a stock black grill ? is it plastic ? I just got a LTZ in white and cause of the LTZ Package i was stuck with a chrome package . i want to go with more of the white black thing so im trying to do away with some of the chrome , i dont like any of the aftermarket black grill inserts as much as the stock mesh but cant seem to find a black mesh grill ? not to thread jack but thanks for any info

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia