Just stopped by to test drive a new Tahoe, ended up leaving with this thing....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarkUps

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Coming from die hard Toyota fans, we used to have a 2012 4runner trail edition but sold it to purchase a 2016 Tundra for more farm tasks. Wife has been missing an SUV dearly so we got a bug to test drive a new Tahoe.... Ended up leaving with this thing. The most expensive vehicle I've ever purchased! Ha, she seems happy with it but we were very hesitant to buy a non-toyota vehicle. Unfortunately Toyota doesn't have anything in the same league unless you consider a sequoia (outdated and ugly) or land cruiser ( outdated and just stopped USA production at the new 300 series)

20210714_181926.jpg

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s similar to what happened to me. I had a 1999 and a 2007 Tahoe in the past, although I got rid of it in 2012 for a new GMC Acadia which I later updated to a 2017 model. i kept longing to get back to a Tahoe again and couldn’t find any descent used deals.

When a 2021 Tahoe appeared on my radar about 15 miles away, took it for a test drive and got a great deal, but like you it’s the most expensive vehicle I’ve ever bought. :)

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum!

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
That’s a nice looking Hoe, I am a fan of white.

As an aside, I believe Toyota gets a bad rap from the automotive press only because the writers are dependent on something new to write or produce videos about. So they gush over the latest infotainment or the colors of interior plastics.
All the latest features the press love to rave over are the same ones causing reliability issues.

But enough about that. Best wishes for a long and enjoyable GM experience! If you did your research then you already know the Tahoe /Suburban platform is one that has a track record of being very durable. Lots of examples running strong with very high mileage.

OP
OP
M

MarkUps

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ya im a big fan of the chevy LS motor platform and i feel they are very reliable. but in todays world of electronics those are usually the first things to go out... Toyota is not clear of this issue either. ive have my backup camera and trailer tow package act up on my 2016 Tundra a few times. its been a great truck and ill probably keep it for many more years or until i drive the wheels off but it hasnt been crazy reliable like the Toyota's of old. One thing the toyotas have always had over other vehicles is the sturdiness and build quality of interior pieces and panels, electronic interior buttons, etc. they just feel tougher and more stout than the panels and buttons in this new Tahoe but its not a deal breaker for us at this point. the smooth ride, power, and feel just surpass our 2012 4Runner we had by a significant margin. we were really wanting to wait out the 4runner to see the next body style but that might not be until 2023 at the latest. didnt want to wait that long so we bit the bullet, hahaha. we love it so far, now we just have to relearn all the intricacies of chevy doodads vs the toyota

ruise

Reaction score
Coming from die hard Toyota fans, we used to have a 2012 4runner trail edition but sold it to purchase a 2016 Tundra for more farm tasks. Wife has been missing an SUV dearly so we got a bug to test drive a new Tahoe.... Ended up leaving with this thing. The most expensive vehicle I've ever purchased! Ha, she seems happy with it but we were very hesitant to buy a non-toyota vehicle. Unfortunately Toyota doesn't have anything in the same league unless you consider a sequoia (outdated and ugly) or land cruiser ( outdated and just stopped USA production at the new 300 series)

View attachment 344924
Congratulations! Beautiful Tahoe. If it makes you feel any better, I just picked up my new Denali on Tuesday. This is my 6th Yukon and I've never had one in the shop for anything other than routine maintenance. Enjoy!!

OP
OP
M

MarkUps

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I forgot to mention they didnt have our Running boards to install them so now we have to jump into the seats which is a bit tricky lol.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Similar to yourself, prior to purchasing my new-to-me 07 Yukon XL Denali, my family owned almost exclusively Hondas for over 35 years, and we never owned a GM product. I have no regrets about purchasing this truck.

tomgilk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had mine since October and I'm still pumped every time I get in it. We test drove it and called in a few days later to get it. Congrats, I know the feeling!