Just installed Katzkin leather in 08 Tahoe LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

apex_predetor

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing...

HAve the wrinkles went away?

Do they seem to look tigher after a while?

Thanks for the info

mlakes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Plastic on bottom of 2nd row

FYI for the front seats you can use a 15mm and a 11mm socket to take the seats out.

I am getting ready to due mine as well. I actually have the same color exterior and interior as you. I am going with black interior.

I have a quick question. How did you get the plastic off the bottom of the second row seats.

apex_predetor

Reaction score
Just ordered my leather seat covers.

I will post pics of the install to help out some others on here since I have gotten so much info herre lately.

They should arrive Sat.

NC_John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered my leather seat covers.

I will post pics of the install to help out some others on here since I have gotten so much info herre lately.

They should arrive Sat.

Where did you order from and how much? I'm planning on switching out the cloth interior for leather in my LT later this year.

apex_predetor

Reaction score
How to remove third row seat HEadrest?

HEllo all,

I was wondering if any of you could lend a hand on how to remove the third row headrest?

It is locked in there with a plastic piece?

thanks

I will post where I got them, and install images after I get them installed and determine the qulity.

Right now they look really nice but Ia m on the 3rd row and can'tn remove teh headrest.

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HEllo all,

I was wondering if any of you could lend a hand on how to remove the third row headrest?

It is locked in there with a plastic piece?

thanks

I will post where I got them, and install images after I get them installed and determine the qulity.

Right now they look really nice but Ia m on the 3rd row and can'tn remove teh headrest.

x2 on posting where u got them and how much.

Sent from my iPhone 4g using Tapatalk

Absolut Motorcars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice job on the Interior. We do a lot of them and have a few pointers for you guys.

1. You can remove the front seats with a 6 point 11mm and 15mm socket, dont waste the money to buy new sockets if you have those around.

2. Get a pick from harbor freight, there are 2 holes, one on each side to remove the headrest, start on one side insert the pick to compress the button under the plastic trim, pull up with a little pressure and do the same on the other side.

3. After you install the leather on the seats, use leather conditioner heavy, and put them in the sun for a few hours, this will help smooth out the wrinkles.

4. Like above, remove the second row, 19mm and 13mm, will make easier for install.

5. You can install the headrest by your self, start with inserting one end of the headrest into the cover and work it over that way. Buy silicone spray (helps alot).

6. If anyone is looking for leather kits, or needs help installing please call Absolut Motorcars at 888-808-0588, located in Orange County, CA

Thanks

rl256

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Those look good! I just installed black katzkins in my 08 Tahoe Ls. I started a thread too. Thank you for posting the info. I found your post when I did a google search on installing them in our trucks. I still have to do the rear seat. I just need help removing it. That thing has to weigh 300lbs lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518