Just installed Katzkin leather in 08 Tahoe LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

minngolfer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tightness/Appearance

You guys are correct, they are not as tight or snug as the factory, but that's due to the fact that the leather is much thicker and the Katzkin covers have a little extra padding. They feel much plusher than the factory Tahoe leather, which in my opinion and many others on this forum is rather cheap and wears very poorly.

I must admit that I was a bit skeptical buying them off ebay, but I couldn't not do it considering the price. When I got the box and got the covers out I realized the quality was quite high and they actually appear to be very similar to the Dakota Gray Leather that was part of our premium package in our BMW.

I'm very happy, and for those of you that have contemplated aftermarket replacement leather kits I must give these a huge thumb up. All fasteners, clips, seams, etc, are all identical to the factory covers that I removed.

I'm hoping at a minimum that this project and posting will allow others to see that it can be done by a novice, and at least now the needed tools are listed. I spent a good 5 hours looking for the specs on the GM bolt combinations!

Bam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this write up! Bookmarking this! These cloth seats in my Tahoe make me a nervous wreck! I ended up throwing some cheap tacky covers on the front & back seats when we took a road trip to NY because I was afraid of what would happen to the seats with the wife & kid piled in for a two day drive.

I've wanted to go this route since I bought the Tahoe, but have wondered if the install would be a pain...after reading this I need to go shopping for some grey Katzkin.

Last edited:

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man, that looks like a completely different color?

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
This sorta makes me want to replace my own factory leather.

apex_predetor

Reaction score
old post but I hope somebody is reading...

How are these holding up?

Ther are some on Ebay as well (not as cheap).

Do you all think that they might look a bit more tight if ya left the existing seat covers on, or is that not an option?

Thanks

sick1166

Full Access Member
Reaction score
vey nice good job and the price is right
my factory leather is cheap wears porly after 60,000miles on the drivers side

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira