JL Stealth Box questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quick66ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here installed one? I want more bass from my non Bose stock system. I am not looking for "impress the guy next to me in traffic" bass, but just some extra kick as the stock system has ZERO bass. I liked the Bose system that was in my Trailblazer SS. I cannot give up any cargo space so this seems like the perfect solution.
I was looking at some of the underseat powered sub options but the reviews were not good and they were not cheap.

lakaw

Reaction score
I installed one and think the added bass is good. My only complaint is since the sub is in the center console. There are added vibration induced sounds. I've been able to pinpoint mine and use felt pads to minimize this, but it's still a work in progress...

Tahoejoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Buy a small piece of SoundDeadner (1-2 sq ft) and take the trim off your center console to apply to metal. Just cut the deadner into small strips. In addition if you do the same where the console meets the dash your vibration issue will be gone.

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

Those JL boxes are a great design however your results may not be worth the steep price. Q-Logic offers some darn good box designs at a much lower cost. Anywhere besides under the seat you wouldn't mind having a sub? Done properly 1 8" subs should rock the inside of your truck.

Rich E

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I love mine. The 10" woofer adds just the right amount of bottom end and the fact that it's hidden makes it even better. If your into teeth-rattling bass, it won't be enough. Not that there's anything wrong with that!:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k09viper