iPhone X problems with 2015.5? Software version?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brentj

Reaction score
I has iOS 11 on an iPhone 7 and switched to iPhone 10. When I press the steering wheel button to get Siri, I get the beep at the beginning and then the beep at the end of my command, but then it just goes back to playing the radio or whatever as if I'd done no commands... And sometimes the other person can't hear me at all like I'm on mute when using handsfree audio

I find it disappointing that while my phones have gotten dozens and dozens of software updates in the last couple years, my $50,000 computer I drive around isn't updated at all.

When I asked the dealer they said there's nothing "needed" for it. I wish it were more transparent as far as updates being available and easy.

My software version says 23228505. Does anyone have listing of versions or change logs or anything?

Thanks

MattGallion

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This disappoints me too. It's a complete pain with an iPhone trying to play music from Spotify. The car always defaults to playing music from Apple Music instead of Spotify (or whatever was playing last) just because of how Chevy decided to implement iPod music playback. Like you said, you'd think our $50,000 computers should get updates, even if it's just occasional.

That and the MyLink UI which looks pretty dated.

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The head unit in all these trucks are garbage at best. I’m just waiting for Alpine to come out with something to replace it

Pivot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*blows dust off thread*

Sooo has anyone found a solution to this? I literally only subscribe to Apple Music to play in my truck; otherwise I use Spotify for everything. Reeeaallyy getting annoying now….

15 pro max, wired connection, tried all the ports and new cords, if it matters. Truck picks up the phone under Media but doesn’t play anything but Apple Music

edit: I also have a 12 pro that I use. Would rather use this one for music actually. Same happenings as above

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
*blows dust off thread*

Sooo has anyone found a solution to this? I literally only subscribe to Apple Music to play in my truck; otherwise I use Spotify for everything. Reeeaallyy getting annoying now….

15 pro max, wired connection, tried all the ports and new cords, if it matters. Truck picks up the phone under Media but doesn’t play anything but Apple Music

edit: I also have a 12 pro that I use. Would rather use this one for music actually. Same happenings as above
Try turning off music is Siri settings.

Pivot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will try that. This reminds me I forgot to mention I uninstalled Music and it still behaves the same. Since Music is gone it of course can’t pull from that source so screen just sits there blank aside from showing the phone is connected. Playing Spotify on the phone at that point works in that the song timer moves along as though it’s playing but no sound. Truck is selected as sound output.

But I will try Siri settings and report back.Thanks

Pivot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok checked in settings on both the Music side and on the Siri side and there’s no trace of the Music app currently on the phone at all, not even listed under Siri. Then I made sure all the Siri buttons ARE checked off for Spotify and they are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia