Intermittent power seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ted928

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The driver seat is intermittent. It is fully electric and all adjustments either work or do not. I checked the connections and they seemed fine. I tried moving the wiring but that made no difference. The deal said I need a new motor; $600. How can that be true when there must be more than one motor controlling all the adjustments? Any suggestions???? Thanks

CarToons

Reaction score
I have the same problem. Actually a few electrical problems, but still haven't fixed this one. I did find a lose wire at the fuse block under the hood that helped with the power rear hatch that was rarely working.

I will PM you if I figure anything out tho, I plan to spend a bunch of time on it this weekend. If you find anything out, please let me know as well.

Figure I'm gonna start with a DMM to see if te power is getting to the motor correctly. Just make sure you don't ever probe those airbag wires! Usually in yellow loom with yellow tape, but they are easy to set off and really expensive to replace.

Ksarbau

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am having the same problem with my '07. The power seat and power pedal controls will stop working completely. It has always been an intermitent problem but seems to be gettting worse. I've noticed that they will always work if I try them before starting the truck and almost always not work once the truck is started. Occassionally (1 our or 9 or so tries) they will work while the truck is running. I've checked all of the connections under the seat and haven't found any obvious issues. I've heard that the power seat function and power pedal functions are tied to the power seat memory modulee so Im wondering if there is a problem there?

I found a thread about this on another forum and it might help you:
http://www.2carpros.com/questions/chevrolet-tahoe-2007-chevy-tahoe-driver-power-seat

PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU FIGURE ANYTHING OUT!!! -Keith

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

One more thing...I suspect it is unrelated but thought it would be worth mentioning given the previous comment about multiple electrical issues.

The only other electrical issue I get iss intermittent alternator whine in my rear speakers. It goes away when I turn the rear seat entertainment system on (which mutes the back speakers). It seems more prevelant when the truck is cold or cold outside. Like I said, probably completely unrelated but thought I would post in case you're having that problem too.

Ksarbau

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
UPDATE: I confirmed all connections are tight and voltage is as expected on various wires. I also confirmed that none are getting pinched or there is no flexing under the seat when I sit on it that is interfering with any connections.

I have now noticed that the power seat control works 100% when I am not sitting in the seat. When I sit in the seat, it cuts out immediately. When I lift my ass up off the seat, it works again within 1 or 2 secs. When my wife (much lighter weight than I) sits in the seat, it works fine.

My new theory is that a short in the seat heating element on the cushion is interfering with the power seat controls. Could that somehow interfering with the memory seat module?

Is there a way that I can disconnect the seat heater element without removing or significantly dissassembling the seat? Does anybody know which wires under the seat would control that?

mattah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Loose Weight ??? ^

I KID I KID

I had the same problem but i replace the 20amp fuse and all has been fine since. Just happend to me last week. Mine is not intermittent thou

Ksarbau

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Haha...no kidding...that's good advice!

I just dropped it at dealer tonight for them to work it tomorrow...maybe I should suggest they try a new fuse first? I thought a fuse either worked or didn't...I didn't realize there was something in-between. Crap...

Sounds like they expect replacing the heating element to be a 3 hr job :-(

mattah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I took out the 20a fuse....actually i cant remember if it was a 20 or a 10 BUT nonetheless

When I pulled out the fuse it did not look blown in any way, but I put in a brand new one and voilà. Both the driver seat and power pedals worked again.

fyi the fuse box is the one inside not in the engine bay..

anhandrew

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all, I own a 2007 escalade esv awd. My problem is that the power seats works fine when i am in sitting on it. Once i sit on it it stops working.

I have taken the wires completely out of the seats and gone over it several times. I can not detect a short. All of the connectors are clean with non of them discolored/burnt/melted.

I do have a constant B0079 code and was told by a tech that scanned with the tech2 that it's B0079-Left Front seat position sensor short to ground or open circuit.

I wonder if anyone know if the seat position sensor is a closed circuit. I took the new and old one out including the buckle and when i check for continuity using a light tester. The light comes on on the tester.

I am stumped and don't know what to do now. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew

lgoss326

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have 07 Tahoe and have been having a problem with just the drivers seat. The power seat only works intermittently and sometimes only when not sitting on it. There are times it works just fine like nothing is wrong at all for a time and then will just stop for no reason. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Sarge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same issue for me.. i sit in the seat.. power doesnt work. I have to get out or lift up and it works. Anyone find a fix?? All wires are good

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Old T