Intakes - Sceptre vs K&N

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not trying to HI-JACK the thread, so I apologize in advance, ........ But can anyone please explain to me the benefits of the cold air intake?

My truck/engine bay is currently bone stock with exception of a Magnaflow Muffler and a regular K&N Filter.

What will a cold air intake from Airraid or Spectre do for me?

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

X2. I just ordered one for my Esky. It's the cai to go with.

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

The full kit is that much. The Airaid Jr kit is just the modular intake tube with a drop in filter vs. replacing the stock air box with a performance cone filter w/ heat shield.

WHICH kit did you get for the ESKY Felix? The mentioned Airaid Jr. kit or the Volant?

Last edited:

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still hoping to get some answers here, ...... :

*** Not trying to HI-JACK the thread, so I apologize in advance, ........ But can anyone please explain to me the benefits of the cold air intake?

My truck/engine bay is currently bone stock with exception of a Magnaflow Muffler and a regular K&N Filter.

What will a cold air intake from Airraid or Spectre do for me?

Thanks.

*** WHICH kit did you get for the ESKY Felix? The mentioned Airaid Jr. kit or the Volant?

kschumake83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not much, typically the stock airbox is sufficient until you start with more modifications. You will notice an increase in throttle response but that will be about it. I have the volant on mine and it makes a cool sound but if I wouldn't have picked it up for $75 used it would not have been worth it. If you are going to be tuning it with a professional tuner and I don't mean a handheld then I would say go for it, if not then keep your stock with the k&n.

dnme305

Reaction score
Ive seen on past threads that the air rade jr was the way to go along with a k&N drop in filter. Any reason for this or is the air rade jr filter just fine?

Im considering buying the air rade jr. Thanks

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not much, typically the stock airbox is sufficient until you start with more modifications. You will notice an increase in throttle response but that will be about it. I have the volant on mine and it makes a cool sound but if I wouldn't have picked it up for $75 used it would not have been worth it. If you are going to be tuning it with a professional tuner and I don't mean a handheld then I would say go for it, if not then keep your stock with the k&n.

Thanks for the reply. I will leave it as is as I am not planning on a tune.

jasonconway5

Reaction score
Can we get some pics ofyalls intake setups with info on what you have so us Noobs can make a visual decision on what to get? I really want to replace my stock setup soon, looks WAY too restrictive.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ceramic coated inside and out, aswell as wrapped in header wrap.
Box is insulated with foil backed fiberglass insulation.
my IAT's dont go over 7+ ambient.
On cold nights I have seen it sub 5* from ambient.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris709