Installing Power-Retractable Assist Steps Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vadang

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all,
New guy here. I have been lurking for some time, but recently bought my wife a 16 Escalade. I have found this site to have a wealth of information. So on to my question...

I've sourced a relatively cheap set of like-new OEM power assists steps and was considering swapping out my fixed running boards. My question is...is all the wiring already there and would it would be just a plug and play? Or am I going to have to run some wiring myself? I looked around under there last night and didnt see anything that would make me think the wiring is already there. So I thought I would just ask to see if anyone here knew if they were tucked or hiding somewhere.

Also, would the mounting hardware be the same or would I need to source out new mounting hardware as well?

Thanks for any help!

Note: I did try the search function, but nothing came up.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're most likely going to have to run wire. Don't think anyone here has done it on a 15+. A guy on this forum did it on his 07-14 so it can most likely be done you'll just have to do it yourself.

undertaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there's also a button on the center stack to have the running boards stay out (I find it useful when washing the truck, so I can actually setup up with the doors closed) That might be some obnoxious CUE reprogramming to work out.

lmbbuilders

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any update on this Vadang? I purchased my wife a 2015 Denali xl and she wanted to swap her running boards for the power retractable ones...I kinda jumped the gun on it, because I already sold her running boards...no I have a dilemma on my hand. I rather put the OEM ones back on instead of the AMP research ones. Any information you have, I appreciate it.

OP
OP
vadang

vadang

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry I can't help. Wife decided she didnt want them and I didnt want to bother with electrical on a brand new expensive car. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269