Installing a 3" Body lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrawk1120

Reaction score
I want to get a few inches of lift. I was going to a suspension, but am not going to do the 6" lift right now, if ever. I was just wondering how hard it is to do this? Is there maybe a right up? Pics? Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive got some pictures of mine on the forums. i did it in my driveway with basic tools and a weeknd with my buddy. cost me 170 from summit racing. if you want to raiuse the back bumper zone off road makes bracket for 100. you could also cut and reweld the frame up higher and brace it.

Dlong30

Reaction score
i guess it really all depends how handy you are with tools... best bet is find a buddy who's already installed one and have him give you a hand. Most kits come with instructions and its really not that hard- just time consuming, an impact wrench is handy too

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you were closer I'd be willing to give you a hand with it. But you can usually do them with simple hand tools. Of course, an Air Impact makes everything easier, lol.

Just take your time with it, and follow the instructions. Should not be too bad. I'd soak the body mounts with PB Blaster, or something like that a day before doing your body lift.

EastTXYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just finished up my body lift install, and if I can do it, anyone can.

Can someone post some pictures or help me out with the parking brake relocator bracket? I don't know where it goes and the instructions with my kit are sketchy at best. Any pics or help with said piece would be great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
db487648