Install/Review of Tview headrest monitors.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oak510_tahoe

Urban Assault
Reaction score
browsing ebay last week I came across this universal monitor set made by Tview. It came in 3 colors ( black, grey, tan ) and had universal headrests with 9" screen in them already. Price was $188 shipped. I decided to go ahead and try them out. For the price I figure worst case I'd have two monitors. ( ebay seller is AUDIOSsavings )

Today it came in:
picture.jpg

Inside:
picture.jpg

Well Time to install!

1. First Off Need to Remove the factory headrests. Start by pulling them up all the way and using two pins/paperclips/etc to release them.

picture.jpg
picture.jpg

Result:
picture.jpg

2.Now the Tview Monitor has a plug coming out of one of the bars, you're going to fish that through the hole first then lock the headrest all the way down.
picture.jpg
picture.jpg
picture.jpg

3.Now you need to unhook the bottom of the seat cover ( it was pretty hard to get them to unhook ) and you'll see what looks like a cardboard box end. Open it and look up and you'll see the wire hanging there from the head rest.
picture.jpg
picture.jpg
( The pic below was taken with no headrests in, thus you can see the two holes )
picture.jpg

4.Now take the harness that came with the Tview monitors and stick your hand up the back of the seat and connect the two ends together. They only connect one way since there is a ridge in the connector.

picture.jpg

( FYI: There's two VIDEO in and one Audio in )

5.Connect the power to some type of ignition power and ground to ground, then connect whatever video/audio inputs to it and you're done!

picture.jpg
picture.jpg

SPECS on the monitors:

* 9" TFT-LCD Monitor Car headrest with Touch Buttons
* Built in IR Stereo Transmitter (2.3/2.8/3.2/3.8Mhz)
* Wide Screen: 16:9
* High Resolution: 630 X 234/1440 X 234
* Color System: PAL/NTSC Compatible
* Touch Button
* Two Audio Input
* Two Video Input
* Tube diameter: 0.4/0.48/0.50/0.56 inch
* Distance of Poles: 5.3-7.3 inches adjustable
* On screen menu display
* DC 12 V power supply
* Blue screen when no signal input
* Adjustable picture, brightness, contrast, volume
* Capable of dual channel or signal channel headsets
* Power on/off
* Bright backlit display
* Video 1 and Video 2 switch able from monitor
* Strong IR signal (2 IR Sensors in each monitor)
* Product Net Weight: 4.6 lbs
* Available in Black, Grey & Tan
* Product measurement: 12 x 9.1 x 5 inches
* 2 REMOTES

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

Overall I'm pretty happy with them, the color isn't too off, the texture is different, but for the price I'm not too worried about it. The picture clarity is pretty good as well. The buttons are easy to press and there's a "beep" whenever something is pressed either on the screen or the remote. Each remote only operates one monitor. And the IR transmitter is a plus, so in the future I may purchase wireless headphones to use with another DVD player in the back only.

Last edited:

daj1066

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
$188 shipped!! Thats not bad. Can you still move the headrests up and down? Do the screens tilt at all? Thanks for the pics too!

almightys

Reaction score
what color is yoru interior now? Everytime i see these ebay ones it looks like the color is way off. I have that silver birch pewter color interior

OP
OP
oak510_tahoe

oak510_tahoe

Urban Assault
Reaction score
$188 shipped!! Thats not bad. Can you still move the headrests up and down? Do the screens tilt at all? Thanks for the pics too!

Yes they still go up and down as there are notches in the new poles, however I think you have to depress the pin to set it. Just checked, the entire headrest tilts, not the screens alone. They go up & down however the notches on the poles are different so they get stuck once they're up and you need to release the pins again to lower it. Only one side of the poles lock for some reason.

what color is yoru interior now? Everytime i see these ebay ones it looks like the color is way off. I have that silver birch pewter color interior

I have the gray interior, I'll try to get a good picture from the front, the headrests are a bit lighter, but I can deal with it as its not a huge difference.

Looks sweet might have to get some in the future!

yea you won't regret it, simple install and look pretty dam good. And for the price can't beat it!

Last edited:
OP
OP
oak510_tahoe

oak510_tahoe

Urban Assault
Reaction score
had an issue with my driver side headrest,( blowing fuses ) contacted the seller, and was told to send it back. So hopefully they replace the unit without issue. Will keep you guys updated.

scottvan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know it's been two years, but do you have an update? You said the headrest actually tilts, I would buy these for the tilting alone, I hate how I have to lean back on the stock headrest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anas1993