Input on what way to go with A/V

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sdgros01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've long been an Audi/VW driver and just picked up my first domestic vehicle, a 2001 Denali with Bose and Onstar. The 6 disc changer is not getting any power/ non responsive, I have yet to have the time to go out and try the fuse trick to see if that will bring life to it or not, When I bought the Denali the display computer was reading an very old date, so the fuse trick might work from what I've read regarding battery changes and batteries dying down.

If that does not work my question is can one install a single din DVD unit such as the Pioneer x7500BT in place of the 6 disc changer and send audio to the factory head unit. I'd love a double din, but don't feel like modding everything to make it work with the bose factory amp, speakers, onstar, the bezel and the HVAC controls. I'm an iPhone user and have ran the appradio 2 and 3 in both my Jetta and A4, the single din offer from Pioneer allows for the appmode to run for dashcommand and waze with the bonus of video out if I decide to do a flip down for the rear.

Coming from the german world I've become a firm believer in if its not broke don't replace it mentality, so ideally if there is a way possible to run a single din unit back to the factory Bose that would be great. If not what would be a single din unit that could replace the factory Bose with aux in to tie the x7500bt audio into the vehicle. I've read issues of clearance of the dash for flip up single din's in the factory HU location, or is that just a myth?

I'm looking to learn and grow accustom to the world of GM, just need to take the first step.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treyseanpowell