injector issues after engine work, tsb?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RLC2020

RLC2020

Reaction score
I've decided that I'm going to replace the injectors myself. It doesn't look like that big of a job and I'm not paying anyone else to work on it after all this. I don't trust the dealer or the other guy to do it.

Does anyone have a good source for a set of injectors? I'd rather go oem if they are affordable enough. I might just replace the 2 bad ones instead of all 8.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

These should do the job for you. Thanks for sharing all the info and making it much clearer what was and is going on. I would still see what the shop would charge for all 8 injectors or just the 2 injectors. After you express your concerns, they may give you some relief on pricing. I know that the fuel rails can be tricky at times. If you do this work yourself, watch about 5 you tube videos because no two videos are alike.

OP
OP
RLC2020

RLC2020

Reaction score

These should do the job for you. Thanks for sharing all the info and making it much clearer what was and is going on. I would still see what the shop would charge for all 8 injectors or just the 2 injectors. After you express your concerns, they may give you some relief on pricing. I know that the fuel rails can be tricky at times. If you do this work yourself, watch about 5 you tube videos because no two videos are alike.
Thanks, I've watch a few videos, seems pretty straightforward to me. Should I replace the 2 bad injectors, or do all 8? Dealer said to do all and the fuel rails, but that seems absurd to me if only 2 are acting up.

OP
OP
RLC2020

RLC2020

Reaction score
the mechanic got back to me, $820 and he will replace the 2 faulty injectors. Hmm, I want him to go in there and make sure it's right. But I could save $700 doing it myself. Not sure I'd know what the issue was though if its something other than the 2 injectors i was told were faulty.

Option 2 is trading it in towards a Tundra. that is tempting...

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If you buy a new Tundra, you get the warranty. If you buy a used Tundra, you get an unknown to deal with and the year you go for had their own particular problems.

I am still not convinced the injectors are bad but not surprised if they are. If I was you. I would buy 8 injectors and the rails at RA and do it yourself and look carefully for any foot notes about recommended harnesses for the injectors.

OP
OP
RLC2020

RLC2020

Reaction score
If you buy a new Tundra, you get the warranty. If you buy a used Tundra, you get an unknown to deal with and the year you go for had their own particular problems.

I am still not convinced the injectors are bad but not surprised if they are. If I was you. I would buy 8 injectors and the rails at RA and do it yourself and look carefully for any foot notes about recommended harnesses for the injectors.
I'm not convinced either. All the videos i watched on youtube about replacing the injectors said the failures came with missfire codes of which I have none. Also, after sitting for the last week I decided to take the truck to work today and it drove fine, CEL is off, no stumble at idle, weird. It's only a 10min drive so it may have been a fluke, but it definitely seemed fine like nothing was wrong. I do still have a little gas with seafoam in the tank so maybe that's doing it's thing and cleaning out the injectors...

Donal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the pcm had to do a relearn after being out of work for several days. If the problem comes back, maybe you can do a soft relearn procedure. I do a hard relearn on the one that I have to operate at least once a year. Appearently, the computer and its modules know everything and monitor everything.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you end up doing injectors "herko" sells oem as the "herko" brand, so even if they say herko they are oem just repackaged.
they are based in florida they have a website and they also sell on ebay
why they market them like that I can only imagine is due to some legality with gm, but they have been selling them that way for well over a decade
a quick search shows 3 different injector models for the 2015
the most common one

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_dk..._cat=0&store_name=eherko&_oac=1&_nkw=12623116

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbrown415