In the market 3/4 Ton 2500, preferred transmission?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
I knew I should’ve included a link from where I found my info.

Found the quote, I think…

From what I read the only way to get an Allison was certain diesels or the 8.1L. Was there another way to get equipped with an Alli on a NNBS? My buddy’s truck has one on his 13 Silverado 6.2L TD 1T Quad long.

Last edited:

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knew I should’ve included a link from where I found my info.

Found the quote, I think…

From what I read the only way to get an Allison was certain diesels or the 8.1L. Was there another way to get equipped with an Alli on a NNBS? My buddy’s truck has one on his 13 Silverado 6.2L TD 1T Quad long.

Part of the issue with the Allison is parasitic losses. The 6.0 doesn't give a lot of power/torque "overhead" to lose. The 8.1 and diesels have the torque to spare, so the parasitic loss from the transmission is considered acceptable.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Interesting little factoid. Bigger is better also means bigger needs more tq to offset the additional mass & friction of getting that big bull moving.

:cheers: to experience and knowledge.

t_bergman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll add my two cents having owned both a 2009 (for sale) and a 2013. The 2013 is a large improvement in towing with the same transition, you get all of the technical goodies. If you are still looking I'd go for a 2010-2014 rig however those are very hard to find.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos