in Dash TFT Monitor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hoopienh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2005 Yukon SLT has a Rear DVD system (Stock Panasonic) and I have a 7" TFT Monitor that I would like to add to the dash. There is a lower cubby that I think it would fit in. Has anyone ever installed and extra monitor in this space and run it off the stcok DVD player. Just want to know if it is possible before I start taking apart the dash? Thanks!

Bromaguire

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2005 Yukon SLT has a Rear DVD system (Stock Panasonic) and I have a 7" TFT Monitor that I would like to add to the dash. There is a lower cubby that I think it would fit in. Has anyone ever installed and extra monitor in this space and run it off the stcok DVD player. Just want to know if it is possible before I start taking apart the dash? Thanks!

My brother has a 9" in that lower console. You will probably need to fiberglass it in to make it look good. He runs his nav and dvd through it.

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you mean something like this???
23099350081_large.jpg

That's what I did to mine using a 7" monitor some bondo and paint. I just wired it to my aftermarket headunit to show dvd's etc. Total for the project was about $120 and $90 of that was for the monitor. It really wasn't hard and i'm not a pro at this but I had an idea and couldn't see me paying somebody else to do it.
Once it was done I was like damn! I should have used a bigger screen but oh well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

hoopienh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Retractible

It is actually a retractible unit that I bought a few years ago that I was going to put in an Astro van I had. It's an Innovatek 7" TFT Liquid Crystal display with built in TV tuner. It looks like and after market radio...push a button an the Screen comes out...I might have to show a picture of it to explain better. I have attached a link to what it is like.

http://www.mp3playerstore.com/stuff_you_need/special/IN-704L.htm

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is actually a retractible unit that I bought a few years ago that I was going to put in an Astro van I had. It's an Innovatek 7" TFT Liquid Crystal display with built in TV tuner. It looks like and after market radio...push a button an the Screen comes out...I might have to show a picture of it to explain better. I have attached a link to what it is like.

http://www.mp3playerstore.com/stuff_you_need/special/IN-704L.htm

Oh ok I got'cha......same concept anything's possible. I'm sure you would have to "make" that work also but it shouldn't be too hard.

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I did to mine using a 7" monitor some bondo and paint. I just wired it to my aftermarket headunit to show dvd's etc. Total for the project was about $120 and $90 of that was for the monitor. It really wasn't hard and i'm not a pro at this but I had an idea and couldn't see me paying somebody else to do it.
Once it was done I was like damn! I should have used a bigger screen but oh well.

Do you have a write up for this?

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have a write up for this?

Sorry I don't, I just did it on a weekend 2yrs ago when the weather was bad and I was bored....
That's usually how I do things like that. I'll have an idea,free time,and boredom that usually turns into something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909

Latest posts