2001 tahoe apple carplay without cutting the dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tristannjw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i wanna upgrade my radio , i bought a sony touchscreen and it was going perfect until i went to put my dash back and the screen is bigger than my covers hole for it. i don’t wanna cut my dash. any recommendations?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i wanna upgrade my radio , i bought a sony touchscreen and it was going perfect until i went to put my dash back and the screen is bigger than my covers hole for it. i don’t wanna cut my dash. any recommendations?
cut the panel, it can be replaced easily from most any junkyard
a 2003+ one should already fit without cutting
a aftermarket one that is made to fit is like $150-200 or something completely ridiculous.

OP
OP
T

tristannjw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
cut the panel, it can be replaced easily from most any junkyard
a 2003+ one should already fit without cutting
a aftermarket one that is made to fit is like $150-200 or something completely ridiculous.
i found one on amazon for $45 i’m gonna try it out. it’s matte black is my only problem but i think i could paint it. decided to go that route rather than cutting my stock one or changing radios.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check FB Marketplace, Craigslist, etc. for part-outs. You can usually score one the right color through there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20