I am heartbroken...the end of an era is upon me...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a white 94 Tahoe 2 door that was a family member, it was my all time favorite vehicle. It had to go to make room for a 4 door as the family grew. To this day if I say "Look at that" everybody knows I'm pointing out a white 2 door. The other day, a near perfect white 98 Yukon 2 door popped up for sale 6 miles from my home. I bought it within 30 minutes including the test drive.
The Yukon GT was only produced from 93-97. The Chevy Tahoe was produced from 95-99.

OP
OP
D

doncaruana

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for sharing back. It really helps me cope. The old guy is still getting my daughter to and from work but she doesn't even want to tell me about new things now. Picking up my late mom's 2008 DTS from my dad this weekend (only 30,000 miles on it) so we can finally out the old boy to rest. Still not sure what I'm going to do with him. Besides cry a lot.

So. Many. Memories.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for sharing back. It really helps me cope. The old guy is still getting my daughter to and from work but she doesn't even want to tell me about new things now. Picking up my late mom's 2008 DTS from my dad this weekend (only 30,000 miles on it) so we can finally out the old boy to rest. Still not sure what I'm going to do with him. Besides cry a lot.

So. Many. Memories.

*Pours out a quart of Chevron 93*

pou_7153.png

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take the insurance off of it. park it and restore it . make it a family project. my best friend is currently trying to track down his old 95 silverado that his dad had. tells me every time we talk about it how he wishes he kept it. Ive had the 4 door for 16 years now and the 2 door for 6 years. both are kind of lawn ornaments at the moment as I drive the new truck most of the time. but really enjoy taking them out every weekend or two

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take the insurance off of it. park it and restore it . make it a family project. my best friend is currently trying to track down his old 95 silverado that his dad had. tells me every time we talk about it how he wishes he kept it. Ive had the 4 door for 16 years now and the 2 door for 6 years. both are kind of lawn ornaments at the moment as I drive the new truck most of the time. but really enjoy taking them out every weekend or two
^ If it's doable, I totally agree with this. I mentioned before, that I spent WAY too much money going this route, but here are a couple before and afters of my Rust Bucket.

IMG_5394.jpeg
IMG_5395.jpeg
IMG_5817.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts