HYPERtech vs. superchips cortex or diablo sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not asking if BB is worth it. By all accounts on this forum it certainly is. I am looking for opinions on a hand held specifically for the 6spd which doesn't offer much for tuning the TCM. Right now the options are $800 for FlashScan and Bb tune with tcm support. Or $300 for diablo and no tcm support but custom tuning. I guess the real question is $500 worth it for TCM support in a hand held.

If you don't want to buy a V2 and have the ability to reflash the truck yourself, you can get an in person tune for the same cost as a handheld that does nothing for the trans. For me, there was no other option.

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont know if the edge evolution will work on a 4.8 but i enjoyed mine.

actually have mine for sale if any interest....just thought i would plug that in there

mtbennett24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re-flashing is definitely a must. I would like to be able to put the stock tune back on the vehicle for warranty trips to the dealer. Other then line pressure and shift point adjustment, what else does TCM support get you? Is it worthy of an extra $500 for the hand held that has TCM support?

bigblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had a super chips custom tuner on my ford truck, and it helped a little bit, but it was very limited to be able to make a "custom" tune. If money is not an issue i would buy a v2 handheld and get a custom tune from BB. Either one you go with you are going to notice gains..its all how much you want to spend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenan