Hydroboost rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

live2pull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unsure if the has A) been covered or B) linking to other forums is allowed. However this is not my write up but it applies to us. FYI, all hydroboosts from all makes and models are all essentially the same. There may be some discrepancies as far as mounting goes, but I am not sure. I needed this write up when the HB on my duramax started leaking, saving me hundreds from replacing, hope to help some people out here.

https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/...w-hydroboost-rebuild-leak-fix-discussion.html

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
I didn't rebuild it, I replaced it with a rebuilt AC Delco unit for CarID for about 150 bucks. if you go the rebuilt route, definitely thread the nuts on the four bolts a few times and lubricate them. Glad I did, the threads were gunked up from paint etc. and would have been much more difficult to thread on there than on the bench!

OP
OP
live2pull

live2pull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't rebuild it, I replaced it with a rebuilt AC Delco unit for CarID for about 150 bucks. if you go the rebuilt route, definitely thread the nuts on the four bolts a few times and lubricate them. Glad I did, the threads were gunked up from paint etc. and would have been much more difficult to thread on there than on the bench!

That's not terrible, if you have the time the rebuild isn't bad. The seal kit is around $30-$40.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu