Hybrid Recall 2009102

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t-pole

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just received this. Won't be able to get to the dealer till later in the week, or next week.

Recall Reminder
Campaign #: 2009102
BATTERY CHARGE READING INCORRECT - REPROGRAM MODULE

Anyone have any more information on what this is about?

Thanks

ECOLimoOfVail

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is a must do - we have 4 hybrids in our fleet!

Just received this. Won't be able to get to the dealer till later in the week, or next week.

Recall Reminder
Campaign #: 2009102
BATTERY CHARGE READING INCORRECT - REPROGRAM MODULE

Anyone have any more information on what this is about?

Thanks

Good day to everyone. I am hoping that I will become everyone's best friend.

We have 4 Hybrids in the fleet: 2 2008 Hybrid Tahoes, 1 2009 Hybrid Tahoe and 1 2009 Hybrid Escalade.

THIS IS A MUST DO!!! Apparently GM did not want to tell the world the truth
so they came up with this nice little story.

The TRUTH is that the programming of the charging, the re-generative charging and the transmission shifting is all linked to the same computer
control.

If you had an early 2008 Hybrid you knew something wa not quite right, but since the dealer had no idea either, you wrote it off as a HYBRID THING.

The truth is that this UPDATE IS CRITICAL to improving the drivability of the vehicle. How do we know this?? Well the 2009 Hybrid Tahoe and 2009 Escalade when delivered drove very different, still not as well as they do now with the UPGRADE, but so much better (we drive 5-10k miles a month - that is around 6-10hrs every day) that we KNEW SOMETHING WAS A MISS!!!

Bottom Line: THANK YOU GM, THANK YOU GM
Shame Line: Dealer should not ignore the customer when he says something is wrong!

Future: we average 19-21miles per gallon which is a real life improvement of 80% over the regular tahoe/escalades in our fleet.
JUST THINK, put solar panels on the hood and roof, double-quatrouple the battery size especailly with lithium cells that I am sure this baby would get 35-50mpg!!

Last but no least, shame on you again GM!!

No one told us that the 2009 Escalade had more gearing then the Tahoe's (2-3mpg better mileage on the highway in the real world). I am told that the 2010 escalade hybrid will get the same gears as the Hybrid Tahoe and that finally they are going to put the heated sterring wheel back in (no idea who the rocket scientist was who decided to delete it to save electric juice??)

ENJOY FOLKS - please someone in the aftermarket give use PLUGIN or upgraded battery options!

Thank You

Jonathan

or

freesat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Went to dealer last month and got two recall fixed, noticed one big change on my 08 Tahoe Hybrid:

If you cold start the engine and don't move, the engine will keep running as long as it can. The old programming will cut the engine off around 5 minutes, tested and waited for almost 30 minutes, and the engine just won't cut off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts