HVAC nightmare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bonestock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
back story - recently replaced my front evaporator core for my a/c in my 03 burb. It's dual zone but not auto. EVERYTHING worked as it should prior to this except the air wouldn't blow cold. I disconnected my battery during this and it was disconnected for about 18 hours total. First my fan only worked on 5. Now it works on all of them except 4. Now for the fun part. Sometimes it blows cold on both sides and sometimes it will be adjustable on both sides. Sometimes it will let me select where I want the air to blow but most of the time it just blows wherever. Could be defrost or vents and floor. I've done the reset procedure and prior to during that the drivers side temp was working but pass stuck on hot. Sorry for the novel. Im losing my religion with this thing. Id rather not buy a manual to troubleshoot and test the actuators etc so if anyone has that info I'd really appreciate it.

OP
OP
B

Bonestock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm clueless , sorry! that shit is aggravating as all get out. Maybe somebody out there can help you.

I got it working by doing it manually and then it started working. After I went from vents to defrost and back it stuck in hot again. Some reason I think it's none of the actuators because they all work except recirc.

I got it on cold and unplugged it lol

XLDenali06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently read about something like this happening. Like the HVAC has to be recalibrated. The fix was supposed to be something like turning all the controls off, maybe disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, starting the car with the controls all still turned to off, and possibly leaving it off for a little while. Sorry, I don't remember all the specifics, but it has definitely been discussed on here before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900