HVAC: Cold air on driver side until key cycle.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jae240

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2005 Chevy Tahoe
Automatic ECC

The problem I have is the driver side temp blend door seems to be almost stuck on cold. Passenger side will take about 10 seconds to change from coldest setting to hottest setting, as one would expect...

Driver side will only function as follows..
With temp set to coldest,driver air is cold.
Turning temp to warmest setting (mode set to upper) will move the mode to lower, although Im able to change it back to upper, But the temp might warm up, it could take 3-5min if it changes at all and most of the time just gets to 'warm', not 'hot'.

But shutting the vehicle off, Key out of igntion, opening and closing door and restarting vehicle will almost right away pump nice hot air out of driver side vents.
When driver side gets turned down coldest setting, it struggles to return to warmest setting.
Wash, Rinse, Repeat...

Ive done a few different recalibration tries, both the battery disconnect method and fuse pulling method.

Im guessing its a failing actuator...

Fjs0001

Reaction score
I have a similar problem. My front AC always wants to be on hot. I pull the fuse and put it back in. While it's recalibrating, I unplug the two actuators when they are in the cold position. That way they are stuck in the cold air position. When it's winter, I plug them back in and they move over to the hot side. I've replaced the actuators, but it still does this. I'm still trying to figure out what needs to be replaced.