HVAC acting weird!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
denalianyone

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
Well the past couple days the temp hasn’t reset with key on and off no matter the time frame. So it does it sporadically

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
denalianyone

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
74deg is what it defaults to if you disconnect the battery for instance or unplug the control then plug it back in, so it sounds like yours is loosing the constant power connection when the key is turned off, I don't think a fuse would cause this but it couldn't hurt to check them and your grounds and maybe the plugs behind the control make sure they are all plugged in all the way
if you everything looks good you might have a bad control unit or it failed internally to keep power.

Yup defaulting to 74. I’m gonna pull out the unit and check the connections in the back because I have a lot of wires back there after my double din upgrade install.

t69chevelle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, I have been having the exact same issue over the last few years, either the Heat or the A/C is set when the truck is turned off and when restarted the HVAC resets to the 74deg. After replacing the small factory battery with a red Top optima and running a much larger Alternator the HVAC resetting did not happen until the battery started to fail, so I replaced the battery with a different brand AGM and just yesterday it did it again and reset to the 74 deg with the pass also on. Now I am in Southwestern Ontario Canada and we are having the same wicked cold that most of the Mid Western States is having, I believe that it has something to do with the Draw of the starter on the electrical system and the HVAC controls are losing their Memory Power for a split second.
I am looking for a fix that will allow the HVAC to have uninterrupted memory power, has anyone figured this out??? Mine is an 07 Denali and nothing else seems to be affected.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have been having the exact same issue over the last few years, either the Heat or the A/C is set when the truck is turned off and when restarted the HVAC resets to the 74deg. After replacing the small factory battery with a red Top optima and running a much larger Alternator the HVAC resetting did not happen until the battery started to fail, so I replaced the battery with a different brand AGM and just yesterday it did it again and reset to the 74 deg with the pass also on. Now I am in Southwestern Ontario Canada and we are having the same wicked cold that most of the Mid Western States is having, I believe that it has something to do with the Draw of the starter on the electrical system and the HVAC controls are losing their Memory Power for a split second.
I am looking for a fix that will allow the HVAC to have uninterrupted memory power, has anyone figured this out??? Mine is an 07 Denali and nothing else seems to be affected.
no but you could always go with a bigger battery (more cca's) and/or run 2 battery's like some of us have already, using a block heater wouldn't hurt either.

OP
OP
denalianyone

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
Yup my problem continues as well. I have the Big3 and two bs batteries from Autozone. The negative wire was also rerouted to the engine block. I will upgrade to two yellow tops soon.

OP
OP
denalianyone

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
No more issues after purchasing two XS power batteries to replace my die hard gold’s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE