Humming noise inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Bendzsuk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i hope someone can help me digure this out. 2016 Taboe LT and when i start driving it and come to a stop I get an annoying buzzing or humming sound. When i step on the gas it goes away. When i slow down you start to hear it again. Once i drive for a while it doesn’t do it anymore. I took video of the sound. The dealer says they dont hear when they take it out.

Video is too large to upload. I can send to anyone.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i hope someone can help me digure this out. 2016 Taboe LT and when i start driving it and come to a stop I get an annoying buzzing or humming sound. When i step on the gas it goes away. When i slow down you start to hear it again. Once i drive for a while it doesn’t do it anymore. I took video of the sound. The dealer says they dont hear when they take it out.

Did you turn off all ac/heat and see if it matters?

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it a 4 wheel drive. There was a humming noise on some of those, maybe early production. A Google search may bring something up.

OP
OP
John Bendzsuk

John Bendzsuk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you turn off all ac/heat and see if it matters?
Yes

The chevy service tech told me its the a/c and thats normal to hear it buzzing. I think its BS cause i never hears ot before. Why would someone pay 50k to have a buzzing noise in the vehcile.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score

this sounds like the fan all ready went bad

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its not coming from the speaker.

Thats not a speaker, that the temp sensor (one of them) for the climate control. It has a little fan in there that will make a little noise when its going bad.

Hope you figure out where the noise is coming from

woody73

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There is anther one in the back behind the rear passenger seat. It sounds like a air pump going on and off on my 08 Denali

dmad1

Reaction score
I have a similar noise coming on my '17 LT, from under the passenger side dash and can also hear it under the hood. Dealer replaced the fan motor, then the A/C compressor with no fix. They then ordered a bracket for the A/C lines saying they were vibrating. Still did not fix it. They finally gave up and said if GM comes up with a fix they will call me. Been a year now. Still waiting for the phone to ring. Called GM and they just sent me back to the dealer. Oh, I did take it to another dealer and they decided it was lifters and then changed their mind and said it was injectors. They ended up claiming it is "not abnormal" and brushed me off. My last GM if they don't do something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts